- Rockville, MD
Site Name: USA - Maryland - Rockville
Posted Date: Aug 14 2020
- Repairs to equipment and systems operated by air, natural gas, electricity, steam or water.
- Repairs to equipment and systems supporting process operations (e.g. glasswashers, autoclaves, fermenters, CIP/SIP, cold rooms,etc.)
- Repairs to plant utility equipment and systems (e.g. boilers, chillers, HVAC, WFI, WPU, pure steam, compressed air, biowaste, generators, pumps, and motors.)
- Preventative Maintenance support for cGMP process equipment
- Preventative Maintenance to plant utility equipment
- General repairs to cGMP production areas (e.g. architectural,lighting)
- Repair to building piping and plumbing systems (e.g. waterleaks, steam leaks, air leaks, etc.)
- Repair and troubleshooting of building electrical systems.
- Maintaining Equipment PM and Repair History Files.
- Management of the facilities database (EAMS).
24/7 On-Call services.
- Generation and execution of required preventive maintenance SOPs.
- Supporting change control as required.
- Project support as required
- Supporting PAI readiness effort as required.
- Participating in audits as required.
The Utility Technician will be responsible for providing input to the Supervisor Facilities when discussing departmental decisions concerning maintenance and repair of utility and process equipment. The typical work hours for this position are a standard work day and 40 hour work week, with shift work being a possibility depending on manufacturing demand. There is also an on-call rotation consisting of 24/7 support for alarm monitoring and emergency services. Some travel may be required.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent, Trade School Certifications Desired
- 1-3 years experience with a biopharmaceutical company.
- 1-3 years with a biopharmaceutical company with a detailed understanding of electrical and mechanical activities
- Production experience is a plus.
- Stationary Engineers License State of Maryland (Preferred)
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top