Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - Marietta
Posted Date: Jan 19 2020
Are you looking for an opportunity to leverage your technical expertise and leadership in critical utility operations within a cutting edge global environment? If so, this Utilities Manager role could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
The Utilities Manager is responsible for safe operations of site wide utilities within a 24/7 production environment. This role is accountable for the preventative maintenance and sustainability programs related to site utilities which include Black and Clean Utility Systems. The incumbent is responsible to establish and implement technical standards, operating procedures and specifications in compliance with regulatory and GSK Vaccines requirements. Must be capable of being certified to operate commercial boilers. Effectively manages the overall utility program within the site Facilities Management portfolio. Must ensure compliance and inspection readiness across the site as SME for site utility systems and provide cross functional support to partnering departments. Demonstrates skills and competencies that deliver safe and reliable supply to site customers. Must supervise, lead and motivate a Utilities team across all shifts.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Safety, Health, Environment: Maintain safe, compliant and efficient operations of critical Central Utilities at GSK Vaccines, Marietta PA. These central utilities support approximately 500,000 square feet of operations and directly impact the quality and reliability of site supply.
- Quality: Ensure compliant GMP operations. Maintain Quality Management System assignments related to equipment failures/deviations/unplanned events, perform root cause investigations, and develop CAPA's to drive reliability
- People: Manage a department comprised of a Utilities Engineer and Utilities Technicians to operate and maintain related systems. Coordinate employee schedules and maintain required coverage for operations. Utilize effective leadership to ensure communication, motivation, development, team performance and equity across the entire utilities team
- Performance: leverage a continuous improvement model to ensure fit for purpose preventive maintenance programs and metrics, including PM's, WO's, and calibration of all Clean Utilities equipment and instruments that delvers highly efficient and reliable operations.
- Cost: Responsible for management of site utilities maintenance budget. Utilizes appropriate balance of in-house and contract labor. Partners with procurement and ensures proper fiscal management of spare parts within the asset maintenance program.
- Central Utilities and Site Facility Infrastructure: Systems include but are not limited to Clean Utility Systems such as Clean Steam, WFI, PW, and Process Air, in addition to Black Utilities such as Plant Steam, Boilers, Pipe Racks, Bio-Waste System, Water Softeners, Industrial Waste System, Emergency Generators, Domestic Water and Air Compressors.
- Technical standards: The incumbent is responsible to establish, develop and implement technical standards, requirements, and specifications in compliance with regulatory agencies, DEP, and GSK Vaccines requirements.
- Validation & Qualification: Manage and own overall responsibility for implementing and executing IQ/OQ/PQ for areas of ownership and responsibility.
- Inspection & Compliance: Must operate and maintain Site utilities in a state of compliance according to GMP/quality standards, regulatory agencies and permit authorities. Must maintain state of readiness for regulatory inspections of critical utility systems.
- Sub-contractors, contractors, and vendor selection: Provide technical and commercial input in procedures for contracted supplier's and develop short term and long term strategy in supplier/contractor selection. Ensure vendor performance and delivery of work performed.
- Support for Project Management: Drive timing and execute follow-up of projects for technical matters related to utilities equipment and validation. Develop technical solutions compliant with needs and allocated budgets; justify budgets and technical solutions when needed.
- Degree of uncertainty: High risk of changes in project timing, scope, and prioritization. Priorities can change very quickly due to new business opportunity or new sales projection. High adaptability required and ability to keep motivation in team when priority changes.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- BS in related science discipline, or candidates with 15 years of directly related experience and technical credentials may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Working knowledge of and experience with facilities equipment and utility systems - boiler & steam distribution
- Experience with process equipment, process instrumentation, controls and automation within an operational facility.
- Be certified to operate critical utilities (Plant Boilers) or become certified within 1 year from date of hire.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- B.S. Engineering degree is preferred.
- Demonstrated familiarity and compliance with cGMP's, EHS procedures and regulations, facility regulatory guidelines, and standard operating procedures.
- Sense of urgency, flexibility and accountability.
- Demonstrated capability and leadership to effectively manage 24/7 shift facility team.
- Ability to communicate at all levels. Demonstrated customer focused skills.
- Ability to work in a high complex matrix environment.
- Must be a team player able to create and sustain an environment of trust and motivation while ensuring team performance through individual ownership and accountability.
- Must possess effective written and verbal communication skills. Ability to follow written procedures and document results in a precise manner. Intermediate computer skills required.
- Stay current on developments in the field and GSK Vaccines Standards.
- Demonstrate a serious commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting goals or deadlines.
- Maintain a high level of integrity while balancing multiple priorities and responsibilities.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top