US Vaccines Market Supply Chain Sr. Manager, Customer Service, Global Vaccines Supply Chain
- Philadelphia, PA
Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - Philadelphia
Posted Date: Dec 7 2020
The Supply Chain Senior Manager is in charge of maximizing customer satisfaction through an aligned demand signal and reliable supply of vaccines from GSK Vaccines manufacturing sites to the US market, thus strongly contributing to Vaccines achieving local sales ambition. Vaccines supply and demand takes place through an integrated E2E process between GSK Vaccines Manufacturing sites and the US LOC (Local Operating Company i.e. affiliate).
The role is the face of supply (representing GIO organization) to the US LOC commercial team and customer service, and is expected to communicate on GIO processes/constraints and manage supply risks/issues.
The role, being at the interface, is the voice of the market to GIO, brings market intelligence (constraints/specificities), ensures that the issue management in GIO (resolution of deviations and final release) is prioritized based on the market impact.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
Drive and ensure reliable supply of GSK Vaccines to the US market / LOC as per the agreed customer service levels, focusing on the following key focus areas:
Supply Management (Bring the inside out)
- Accountable for ensuring efficient and timely execution of the LOC's supply plans, escalation to the US Vaccines Supply Director and VML, and resolution of the associated issues/risks.
- Supports the US Supply Director to execute the US Performance Management (including analysis of stock-out/low-stock and impacts, KPI performance, root-causing and proposed mitigations)
- Drive proactive issue management and escalation within the US Supply team - ensuring prioritization based on market/value impact, accountable for SCIM1 for the assigned LOC's. Proactively identify potential issues, build solutions and communicate with VML/LOC
- Ensures business continuity through supply chain risk assessments and KPI's. Own and drive action plans to mitigate identified risks.
- Accountable for On Time In Full (OTIF) service management for the US market / LOC executing continuous improvement projects to deliver service, cost and cash benefits.
- Provide inputs to the Supply Chain Review Meeting (SCRM) process as part of the Core Commercial Cycle.
- Consolidate the market SKUs supply requirements and communicate appropriately within the Supply Chain department and other relevant departments (GIO, RA, QA, Quality control, artwork and logistics/shipping).
- Own the communication process between central supply chain teams, VML and LOC and ensure stakeholders are informed about risks, constraints, market requirements, any events that may warrant a change in the segmentation strategy for the specific market
- Ensure that differentiated inventory targets (min, max) are in place for key regional SKUs as per agreed customer service level. Lead review of supply update/stock at LOC projections for the region to ensure adherence to the plans. Escalate in case of issues.
- Reviews DRP parameters (Distribution Requirements Planning), including safety stock, lead time, replenishment frequency and MOQs (Minimum Order Quantity) to ensure proper production planning and inventory management are in place in consultation with Product Teams, Sites and Global Planning
- Ensure efficient inventory management at LOC (identify inventory at risk and drive mitigation actions)
- Is ambassador for continuous improvement across the Supply Chain to drive collaboration and partnership
Tender / Contract Management: Work hand in hand with Product Teams, Commercial and LOC to ensure supply proposal is executable and delivered as promised. Dispute facilitation (penalties, rational).
Demand Management (Bring the outside in)
- Work with the LOC and Global/Regional business partners to ensure strong demand management process (with associated systems and tools) is in place for managing Vaccines portfolio (consensus unconstrained forecast for a 36-month horizon for both private and tender business).
- Work hand in hand with the LOC and Global/Regional stakeholders on the monthly LOC DRM process to drive the alignment through the demand review process as part of the CCC (Core Commercial Cycle). Face of GIO (supply) at LOC DRMs to ensure risks and opportunities are properly assessed and escalated to Global Vaccines governance (GDRM).
- Influence commercial function on allocation adjustments based on inventory/sales projections
- Make recommendations/request on Supply Update improvement based on latest market intelligence
- Monitor KPI's such as Forecast Bias and Accuracy - define and implement corrective actions together with the commercial counterparts in regular face to face meetings in the LOC
- Ensure efficient demand management practices (influencing and prioritization) are executed in the assigned markets / LOC's based on latest supply outlook.
- Ensures that planning parameters in all relevant systems are maintained accurately and in line with the Service Level Agreements reached with Customers or Multi-Market Warehouses
- Owns and develops the relationship with Markets, Strives to be recognized as business partners with Commercial Teams, and links between Franchise and Commercial to support the launch of new products
- Contributes to strategic global and regional projects that will use demand forecasting as a lever to unlock further benefits in GSK's supply chain including Inventory Reduction, ERP, Supply Chain Transformation, etc
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Master's Degree
- 3-5 years experience with the following:
- Supply Chain, Logistics and related activities such as Customer Service, Planning, Stock management, KPI's, MRP-DRP processes and systems
- Preferable experience in Supply Chain Management or Commercial/Finance
- Good knowledge of Supply Chain processes and supporting systems within a international business environment
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience in operational excellence in an industrial environment is preferred
- Experience in managing fast paced crisis/issue management situations is a must
- High level of business understanding and strong influential and negotiation skills are an asset
- Experienced with senior stakeholder management
- High learning agility is key
Please use the cover letter to highlight how you meet the competencies for the role. Your cover letter along with your CV will be used to assess your application. Thanks for your interest in this opportunity.
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top