US Data Scientist (ViiV)
- Research Triangle Park, NC
Site Name: USA - North Carolina - Research Triangle Park
Posted Date: Jun 17 2020
As a key member of this team, the US Data Scientist will be accountable for driving the development of advanced analytical models to solve challenging business problems. The individual will work with multi-disciplinary teams to understand the needs of the business and ensure that model outputs are translated into actionable business insights. This is a hands on role and the successful candidate will be comfortable working in an agile environment and capable of leading delivery at pace.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Contribute to a culture of agility and close partnership with the business to ensure timely delivery against critical priorities.
- Partner with leaders in the analytics team and from across the business to understand key business challenges/questions which can be addressed using advanced analytics
- Apply a broad array of modelling skills including driver analysis, machine learning and traditional statistics, to extract insights from structured and unstructured data sources. This information will also need to be integrated with complementary real-world & digital information streams to address business challenges (e.g. Multi-Channel Analytics, Patient Pathways, Omni-Channel Segmentation, Territory Design, Next Best Action)
- Actively participate and able to project manage in all stages of model development from data collection, data quality control, model building, model validation, testing and calibration.
- Collaborate with teams in multiple locations for some complex analyses.
- Continually learn new analytical skills, techniques and tools to maximise competitive advantage; participate in internal & external technology communities
- Communicate technical subject matter clearly and concisely to audiences of various backgrounds
- Provide input on the data architecture and be a contributor to the data governance framework for ViiV
- Provide guidance to offshore data scientists and data engineers
- Partner with external agencies as needed
US work authorization is required for this role. Sponsorship is not available for this position
Why you? Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelors Degree in a STEM subject and 3 years in a relevant field i.e. programming, statistics, data science OR equivalent experience
- Evidence of passion and enthusiasm for data and drive to share that knowledge and excitement with others.
- Proven experience of effective stakeholder management and strong influencing skills where there is not direct management control.
- Hands on experience focused in data manipulation and exploration areas, with relevant experience in developing models for commercial application and ensuring that they are repeatable
- Proven track record of working with large datasets (both structured and unstructured), presenting that data in meaningful ways and deriving actionable insights; presenting insights back to stakeholders.
- Core technical skills: knowledge of:
- data management basics (SQL queries, database connections)
- data preparation (e.g. data cleaning including filtering and variable transformation)
- statistical learning (regression analyses, dimensionality reduction etc)
- ML algorithms (e.g. ensemble methods, SVM, clustering)
- Proficiency in Python or R
- Model operations
- Demonstrated initiative, judgment and discretion while handling sensitive information
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Masters or PhD
- Enthusiastic and energized about data and be driven to share that knowledge and excitement with others.
- Able to understand various data structures and common methods in data transformation.
- Additional statistical tools or languages desirable: e.g.: R/Studio, Python/Pycharm/Jupyter
- Experience in dashboard tools (Tableau, PowerBI, QlikView, RShiny) a plus but non-essential
- Knowledge of: deep learning algorithms (NLP, transfer learning, machine vision etc) is a plus but non-essential
- Knowledge of the data landscape in healthcare (EHR, claims data, real world data, HEOR data) and/or Experience in healthcare, pharmaceutical, or consulting are preferred but not essential
Why ViiV? Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As ViiV focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at ViiV, please contact the ViiV Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
ViiV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
ViiV does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact ViiV's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to ViiV. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and ViiV. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of ViiV. ViiVshall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, ViiV may be required to capture and report expenses ViiV incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure ViiV's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit ViiV's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top