Toothbrush Development Manager- Dr. Best (w/m/d)
- Ingolstadt, Germany
Site Name: Munich - Office
Posted Date: Jul 13 2020
GSK Consumer Healthcare is one of the world's leading healthcare companies and our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. We are focused on the research and development of best-in class innovative products, with a laser-focus on the consumer. The GSK Consumer Healthcare business has a portfolio of some of the world's most trusted and well-loved brands and currently we are looking for a talented Toothbrush Development Manager to join our Dr BEST team.
Dr.BEST is one of the most well-known, iconic German brands and due to its outstanding ratings in quality perception, innovation and consumer loyalty, Dr BEST is a true "love brand" for our consumers. With the strong and well-known brand assets like the dentist Dr.BEST, the flex-zone and the tomato, Dr.BEST dominates the manual toothbrush category with a market share of around 40% since decades.
As we look to redefine expectations in consumer healthcare, we need experienced, entrepreneurial-minded individuals to help on this journey.Being part of Consumer Health at GSK is being part of something special. The focus of the organization couldn't be clearer - we are fueled by a personal passion to give our customers and our patients MORE. We are ready, but we need your support to achieve this.
- Work in close partnership with global toothbrush and device development team, share technical knowledge and best practice amongst global team and support global brush development initiatives
- Write specifications, reports, protocols and test methods that meet GSK standards. Initiate change controls and lead change activities
- Manage and lLead multiple projects with low level of guidance required and works within defined boundaries
- Identify and validate relevant customer needs through design thinking methodology
- Close collaboration with external forums, trade body, start-up ecosphere, suppliers and associates to drive customer-centric innovation for category and be up to date on latest technological and competitor trends
- Work effectively in cross-functional external/internal Centre of Excellence team (Marketing, R&D, GMS) on driving and executing innovation strategy and delivering projects on budget and time; Responsible to deliver Centre of Excellence P&L together with commercial team
- Drive and implement consumer-at-the-heart innovation pipeline from concept ideation until product launch readiness
- Aligned to cost saving, compliance and business continuity programs; meeting GSK CH quality standards, embed GSK CH E2E process, systems and 'right first time' approach
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent, preferred area of Specialization: Toothbrush/device technology / engineering or related
- Ideally some years' experience as engineer/senior engineer in technical support/devices or toothbrush development, possibly in both - multinational regulated environment (FMCG) and start-up/business development background
- Superior project management skills and ability to work independently
- Strong collaboration skills, demonstrated in excellent management of internal and external stakeholders and partnering with business/technical communities
- Skills in Ideation, development and execution of Innovation Toothbrush/device projects
- Knowledge about Injection Molding technology
- Fluency in English and German
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top