Territory Account Manager, HIV-Lower Manhattan, NY
- New York, NY
Site Name: USA - New York - Manhattan South
Posted Date: Oct 16 2019
Territory Account Manager, HIV
Company Overview: ViiV Healthcare is a global specialty HIV company, the only one that is 100% focused on researching and delivering new medicines for people living with, and at risk of, HIV. ViiV is highly mission-driven in our unrelenting commitment to being a trusted partner for all people living with and affected by HIV. Our aim is to think, act, and connect differently through a focus on education on and treatment for HIV. We go to extraordinary lengths to deliver the sorts of breakthroughs, both in treatments, care solutions and communities, that really count. We go beyond the boundaries of medicine by taking a holistic approach to HIV through developing and supporting sustainable community programs and improving access to care. We are fully committed to push through every challenge until HIV/AIDS is eradicated. ViiV has played a significant part in delivering breakthroughs that have turned HIV into a manageable health condition. We offer the largest portfolio of HIV medicines available anywhere, and we continue our work to cater for the widest possible range of needs in response to the HIV epidemic.
We are aware of how much is at stake for those affected by HIV and we show up every day 100% committed to the patients. Our work culture is fast-paced, diverse, inclusive, competitive, and caring. But ViiV isn't just somewhere to work - it's a place to belong, an invitation to bring your very best, and a team full of impact-driven team members who are hungry to make a difference. While we have been improving lives of HIV patients for 30 years, this is an especially exciting time to be at ViiV, as we evaluate novel approaches to treatment and prevention that could further reduce the impact of HIV on individuals and communities.
ViiV is seeking an experienced, results-driven professional in Specialty Sales for the position of Territory Account Manager (TAM). The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, complex environment and work with HCPs to adopt a new approach to HIV treatment will be essential to delivering success in this role. Additionally, the abilities to partner cross-functionally and to remain highly adaptable in a launch context will be critical. It is expected that the successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in developing strategic business plans with specific, measurable, action-oriented objectives in accordance with territory and account level goals.
Successful outcomes will include selling to HCPs, servicing their accounts, and being aligned to ViiV's mission of leaving no person with HIV behind. This will be achieved through driving results against business objectives and working effectively within an integrated account management framework in the setup and delivery of a buy and bill treatment model.
- Regional Sales Director (first line leader)
- Area Vice President of Sales (second line leader)
Key Relationships to Drive Success:
- Senior Sales Leaders
- Field Strategy and Operations
- Market Access
- Medical Science Liaison (MSL)
- Field Reimbursement Managers (FRM)
- Community Medical Liaisons/Contract Nurses
- HCPs - private practice, community clinics, and integrated systems
- Physician Support Staff
- Broader HIV community (Aids Service Orgs)
- Local business, regulatory and legal stakeholders
- Specialty Pharmacies
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Deliver Results Through Exceptional Sales and Service
- Identify, target, and win new business by influencing working with HCPs to adopt a new approach to HIV treatment
- Engage with HCPs, nurses, staff, and administrators to accurately understand the clinical, organizational, and financial challenges and opportunities within target accounts
- Leverage data analytics, business acumen, and market expertise to identify high-priority prospects
- Prepare and execute business plans that are tailored to the unique needs of each customer and that help HCPs scale their treatment model to reach more patients
- Coordinate, engage, and partner with multiple cross-functional team members (i.e., Clinical Nurse Educators and Field Reimbursement Managers) to deliver an integrated product experience to customers
- Maintain a portfolio-based selling mindset and close internal communication loops to ensure customers experience a cohesive, integrated ViiV
- Provide exceptional customer service by proactively anticipating and addressing HCP problems, needs and requests
- Deliver and adapt execution plans to achieve performance goals and objectives utilizing; KPIs, scaling of successes, business problem solving, etc.
- Develop and foster external relationships with key influential customers and thought leaders
Compliance, Accountabilities, and Values Based Culture
- Act in ways consistent with ViiV's culture, expectations, and values
- Be an agent of change by embracing the ambiguity in a launch environment and seeing setbacks as opportunities to learn and grow
- Escalate issues and risks when needed; display courage by 'speaking up'
- Understand and follow key compliance and regulatory guidelines
- BA/BS degree required
- Minimum of 9+ years pharmaceutical sales experience as consistent top performer, of which should include a minimum of 6 years' specialty experience
- Proven sales experience with injectable products
- Experience partnering cross functionally within an integrated account team model that includes multiple field-based team members
- Experience delivering successful results in a launch environment
- Demonstrated experience in developing strategic business plans with specific, measurable, action-oriented objectives
- Strong planning and organization skills, analytical ability, business acumen, decision making ability, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence and collaborate cross-functionally in a matrixed environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel domestically as necessary, which may include overnight travel, majority of time will be spent in market
- Valid Driver's License
- Degree in Business, Marketing, or Life Sciences
- Experience successfully selling and delivering products in buy and bill reimbursement environments and working with Specialty Pharmacies
- Experience working with HCPs to procure, manage, and administer cold chain treatment products
- Knowledge of the HIV market
Internal Employees do not forgot about our ERB policy where you be granted $1,500 for your external candidate referrals!
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
ViiV is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Why ViiV? At ViiV Healthcare, we work for people living with HIV and the communities that support them. We are guided by our values of Respect, Integrity, Transparency and the Patient-Focus in everything we do.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at ViiV, please contact the ViiV HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
ViiV is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
ViiV does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact ViiV's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to ViiV. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and ViiV. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of ViiV. ViiVshall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, ViiV may be required to capture and report expenses ViiV incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure ViiV's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit ViiV's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top