Site Name: Japan - Tokyo - Akasaka
Posted Date: Jan 26 2021
Lead the Japan Pharmaceuticals Tech Team to support some departments such as Sales, Marketing, Fin, HR, Call Center.
This position will partner with each department to;
- Transform their business using ITC
- Lead/Support key initiatives: process optimization, cost optimization, compliance improvement... etc
- Create business values by exploring and deploying technologies, especially in Data & Analytics and Automation space
- Provide stable system operation
The role ensures the right level of oversight is in place to ensure: priorities and roadmaps are signed off in agreement with the business; solutions and services meet a high standard of governance and compliance with minimal risk exposure; and, problems are escalated and resolved efficiently.
- Business Relationship Management: Become a trusted partner and work with stakeholders develop and deliver IT strategies, solutions and services, aligned with business strategy and global IT strategy.
- Stake Holder Management: Ensure that the strong stake holder management skill is the key to succeed as a Tech Senior Manager. Engage with stakeholders across responsible departments, global and local IT teams to deliver global/local IT projects.
- Change Management: Become a change agent to design change management to develop and deliver IT services for stakeholders and GSK to make their work efficiently and become a high performing organization. Bring innovation to IT strategies and encourage the change to happen.
- Project Delivery: Ensure the effective delivery of projects, with appropriate processes and controls, leveraging both Agile & Waterfall method. Engage and manage contract resources as required to deliver projects. Manage the matrix effectively, build strong relationships and influence key stakeholders at all levels, local, regional, global, both in IT and business.
- Portfolio Management: Ensure that the committed portfolio is managed, prioritized and delivered based on value assessment, with optimized cost.
- Governance: Lead/support own team's and overall IT's governance bodies, to drive prioritization, approval for projects, provide oversight and enable benefits realization, manage overall service performance and manage business risk.
- Quality, Risk & Compliance: Accountable for ensuring all applications supporting the business are compliant with internal GSK security, risk management policies and practices, external regulatory and statutory requirements e.g. GxP, GPRS, and that IT continuity plans are in place for all business critical applications
- Service Management: Accountable for ensuring the right services levels are in place and maintained in line with business need and the appropriate responses made to Voice of the Process (VOP) and Voice of the Customer (VOC)
- People Management - Accountable for line managing and developing staff. Ensure ongoing succession planning is in place to maintain Business Process knowledge and deep IT expertise.
- Proactive Self-starter, Entrepreneurial mindset
- Genuine interests in technology
- Min. 10 years relevant (e.g. Back office, Commercial, R&D) experience in global IT organization of major corporation.
- Track record in successful IT strategy development, solution design, program/project delivery, service management and vendor management
- Track record in delivering business impact through process and IT enabled solutions
- Solid understanding of office automation, analytics, optimization solutions (SFDC, PowerBI, Machine Learning, Chatbot, RPA)
- Working understanding of office processes and related enterprise systems & data such as ERP, finance systems, HR systems, BI, Workflows, CRM, CallCenter and RPA. (SAS, SAP, Concur, Workday, VeevaCRM) One or more deep expertise
- Strong experience in exploring technology
- Extensive experience in project management (preferably in Agile), process optimization, automation and data analytics.
- Superior skills in communication, negotiation and influencing, at all level of organization
- Advanced business communication ability in both English and Japanese.
- Strong financial management experience
Application of Knowledge
This position will;
- Drive transformation of some departments by;
- creating and executing strategy for adopting digital solutions and data analytics
- exploring and implementing new technology to transform existing models
- Drive/support market level business objectives, such as, but not limited to, Process Optimization/Automation, Cost Reduction
- Tackle highly complex challenges; organizational, cross functional, process-related, technical.
- Drastically improve complexity and efficiency, thereby shifting resources from manual work to core business activities, eventually improving the performance of commercial business.
- Seek out for problems that are not yet recognized, as well as anticipate future problems based on changing business directions and environment.
- Identify problems (or possible problems), understand business challenges behind, look at end-to-end processes (spanning multiple business disciplines at all level of organization), understand root cause (both technical and non-technical), identify solutions including prevention measures, implement the best solution and then monitor the progress for the further improvement opportunities.
- Not just find solutions for isolated problems. He/she will find innovative solutions (both technical and non-technical), driven by insights and data such as; understanding of problem, higher level business challenge and understanding of technology space.
- Will bring clarity in situations of ambiguity, facing business needs in multiple dimension in changing environment, finding the right solution from different options(manual, process optimization, global solution, local solution), prioritizing varying business needs, making the right investment decisions for GSK.
- Will manage diverse groups of stakeholders, budget holders and market interests.
- Make optimal and strategic decisions for GSK globally, which may not be the most inexpensive, the best/latest technology and drive through various challenges
This position will;
- Develop strategic relationships with senior business stakeholders (Functional Heads and their Leadership Teams) and become their trusted partner
- Influence/assist business stakeholders in decision making of both business and IT related matters.
- Articulate business and IT strategies, directions and decisions effectively, to all stakeholders
- Develop exceptionally strong relationships with IT colleagues as he/she will need to negotiate with and influence Regional and Global colleagues in many respects
- Effectively bridge Japan and global/regional team. Act as an ambassador to the rest of the GSK global organization, communicating and reflecting Japan's needs in global programs and services, which is critical to GSK's success as a global organization.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.