Tech Product Manager - Warehouse & Distribution Tech Systems
Site Name: UK - London - Brentford
Posted Date: Feb 25 2020
Tech Product Manager - Warehouse & Distribution Tech Systems
As our Tech Product Manager - Warehouse & Distribution Tech Systems you will be accountable for:
- Tech accountable for the full suite of Warehouse and Distribution value stream family of products including temperature monitoring, quality management, CMO and transportation
- Accountable for product strategy, product delivery and product operations across all lifecycle stages using Agile practices to deliver value early and often aligned to business priorities
- The Tech Product Manager with the Business Product Manager is accountable for the development and delivery of a value driven innovation product & feature pipeline for the Product Domain, aligned to the Consumer Health Supply Chain performance drivers of Safety, Quality, Service & Cost
- Accountable for aspects of strategy, product delivery and operations for the Warehouse and Distribution factory Systems products for all Consumer Healthcare manufacturing Sites (around 30)
- Increasing customer engagement building in feedback on the various experiments conducts to prove hypothesis and build the solutions that solve the problems the organisation faces to enable development of products better suited to user, customer and consumer needs.
- Products enabling oversight / from engagement of compliance functions
- Ensure these critical products perform without negative impact to the distribution process
- Accountable for all aspects of GxP compliance and audit readiness for systems and processes in scope
- The Product Manager supports Consumer Health Supply Chain strategy by developing multiyear product pipelines prioritised to maximise business value, compliance & reliability.
- Understand global best practices in the Warehouse and distribution space
- Apply Agile principles and practices to drive the products forward in partnership with the business product owner.
- Promote and coach Agile practices within Tech and in engagement with business
- Delivery value early and often aligned with business priorities
- Provides input to Product architecture, aligning across the GSK Tech organisation on standards relating to platforms, cyber security, strategic vendors & delivery models. Ensures total lifetime value can be effectively realised from Domain Tech Products & minimises impacts of hardware & software obsolescence & vulnerabilities over the lifetime of each Consumer Health Supply Chain Tech Product.
- Leadership & development of direct reports in line with GSK Tech & Agile strategies. Leading matrix teams where required
- Supports the Data & Analytics strategy for Domain Tech Products. Collaborates with key business stakeholders to develop a multiyear Digital, Data and Analytics approach to ensure Consumer Health Supply Chain has the data & insights to be competitive.
- Supports the implementation of service support globally for all products within portfolio, ensuring appropriate Service Levels are defined and service governance models are in place and aligned with GSK service support sourcing model.
- Collaborates with other key product owners/ product managers to drive continuous improvement of GSK Tech's development & deployment tools & methodologies.
- At Business Unit Level: Success will be measured by achieving the maximum value for the business while ensuring the optimal set of applications at lowest possible cost while minimizing business risk.
- Ensure robust governance and establish and lead governance bodies, drive to approval for experiments and projects, provide oversight and enable benefits realization, manage overall service performance and manage business risk.
Why you? Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree
- Agile Process Experience
- IT System implementation project management experience
- IT service management
- Warehousing or distribution experience
- Role around strategy development within this discipline
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Comprehensive understanding of the Systems Development Lifecycle and project management methodologies
- Must have experience or knowledge of a GxP environment with strong understanding of GxP principals such as validation requirements
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Technology, Data Science or Business
- Master's degree in Computer Technology or Business
Interested in Joining the Team?
Please apply via our online portal providing your CV and Cover Letter.
Please ensure you apply before COB 30th January 2020 to ensure you're in the running!
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
Why GSK? At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging - to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
HOW DO I DEVELOP MY CAREER?
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
• Play an important role in delivering our mission
• Be an essential part of diverse, global team
• Develop others as part of your own professional growth
You will also have regular personal development meetings with your line manager to give you the opportunity to create a fulfilling career at GSK.
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED?
The Total Reward Package offered is:
• Competitive Salary
• Competitive on Target Bonus
• 26-days paid holiday
• Personal Healthcare, with the option to purchase family cover
• GSK Pension
• Share & Save Schemes
• Total Reward Discounts
You will join GSK's vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Find out how you can do this .
WHO WILL I BE WORKING WITH?
Click here to meet your team .
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top