Tech Ops Lead
- Stevenage, United Kingdom
Site Name: UK - Hertfordshire - Ware
Posted Date: Aug 4 2020
Tech Ops Lead (Pharma Manufacturing) - Ware
It is an exciting time to join GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) as we drive forward to become the world's leading Pharmaceutical Manufacturer. Are you excited by the prospect of delivering value through new tech solutions? Does a role that enables development of innovative digital solutions and optimising existing systems sound interesting to you? If so, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for Tech Ops Lead to join our team in our Ware Manufacturing site, supporting our tech strategy & solutions for > 1000 employees.
As part of the site-based Tech team, the key purpose of this role is to drive value for the business through Digital Data & Analytics solutions. The role requires a balance of business process acumen and technical breadth. The ability to operate in a flexible and agile way to drive efficiency and improvements is key.
The role has physical / hands-on requirements that necessitate the ability to:
- Frequently put on manufacturing gowning and personal protective equipment.
- Potentially be part of an on-call support rota.
Key Responsibilities Responsibilities are split between development activities and operations activities. The aim of this role is to deliver value to the customer early and often.
- Owning/managing Products through the complete Agile Lifecyle
- Lead full systems deployments / upgrades as well as coordination of feature releases for validated systems
- Provide product strategy and leadership to ensure sustained component currency
- Manage vendor partnerships and relationships with non-Tech teams
- Identify and progress opportunities to improve systems, interfaces, business processes and performance by effectively exploiting technology to meet business objectives.
- Drive service optimization for Manufacturing products at a site level
- Provide support for Manufacturing Excellence products, managing operational issues to conclusion
- Manage site product instance configuration, monitoring & backlog demand.
- Quickly and professionally adapt priorities in a constantly evolving environment based on demand and value
- Manage local partnerships with Operations, Technical, Engineering & Quality organizations, ensuring appropriate governance of risk, quality and compliance
- Engage with site tiered accountability process and participate in Tech Performance Management processes
Why You! Basic Requirements: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Good application functional knowledge gained by developing or supporting MES/IT systems
- Experience of working with servers; network devices and desktop operating systems
- Demonstrated success using Lean Sigma or equivalent processes to affect continuous improvement.
- Strong background in delivering/leading business change projects
Preferred Requirements If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience in a manufacturing environment with a good understanding of manufacturing principles and practices and experience supporting Manufacturing shop floor systems
- Bachelor's degree in IT, engineering, computing, science or equivalent experience
- Practical experience of Agile Methodologies.
- Strong conceptual thinking, modelling, analytical, problem-solving skills and learning agility
- Strong interpersonal, communication, relationship-building, teamwork and influencing skills
- Knowledge of Lab execution systems
- Holder of ITIL Foundation certificate
- Experience with Validated Computer Systems
- Experience with information protection / cyber security tools and protocols
- Experience with OPC and/or Automation systems
- Experience leading projects or holder of project management certification
- Good hands-on application programming / trouble shooting skills
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class(US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email email@example.com
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top