Tech Engineer , Config
- Shanghai, China
Site Name: China - Shanghai - HuangPu District - The Headquarters Building
Posted Date: Mar 20 2020
This role is accountable for contributing within a product team for the technical solution design, implementation & continuous improvement of Pharma Tech systems in alignment with agile and DevOps principles, working closely with a Manager or Director of Engineering, Architect, Facilitator and Product Owner or Product Director.
The Engineer is a "T-Shaped" role demonstrating both depth and breadth across key engineer competencies e.g. Software Development, Testing, DevOps, Digital Analytics, Lifecycle Management, etc. and the ability to successfully collaborate with experts from other subject domains.
- The continuous delivery of technology solutions from product roadmaps adopting agile and DevOps principles.
- Ensures that technical delivery is fully compliant with GSK Security, Quality and Regulatory standards
- Ensures use of relevant Pharma Tech / central services and collaborating with service partners in identification and delivery of service improvements
- Supports Product Owner and product team to deliver value continuously, fostering and maintaining close links with customers, related Solution groups e.g. Sales, Marketing and Contacts Center and Commercial Data & Analytics
- Ensures continuity of business execution i.e. operational support for relevant applications
- Proactively develops and delivers continuous improvement/simplification of Product portfolio to enhance user productivity, increase system reliability and reduce the total cost of ownership
- Keeps relevant technical documentation up to date in support of the lifecycle plan for audits/reviews.
- Pro-actively engages in experimentation and innovation to drive relentless improvement e.g. to UX/DQ/DI and reducing technical debt/risk
- Provides technical direction and GSK expertise to product teams composed of GSK FTEs, strategic partners and software vendors
- Contributes to release planning working closely with the Product Owner
Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Computer Science or related bachelor's degree required although relevant experience is equally valued
- Proficient with at least 2 and can demonstrate knowledge and value in all the following competencies: Software development, architecture design (e.g. SOA) & technology platforms/frameworks; Agile, DevOps & Automation [of testing, build, deployment, CI/CD, etc.; Data science (e.g. AI/ML), data analytics & data quality/integrity; Testing strategies & frameworks; Lifecycle/service management, business continuity
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience in agile development and DevOps
- Experience with ITIL
- Experience with relevant technology platforms [e.g. Adobe Marketing Cloud] and frameworks [e.g. Docker] including cloud technologies
- Experience with data structures (i.e. information management), data models or relational database design
- Subject matter expertise with relevant business process
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
GSK招聘团队只会使用 @gsk.com 后缀的邮箱与您联系。若您收到任何声称来自GSK邀请您面试或请您提供任何个人信息的邮件，我们建议您留意发件人的邮箱地址，并谨慎回复。若您不确定您所收到的邮件是否来自GSK，请您通过chk.email@example.com联系我们。
Back to top