Tech Developer III -Manufacturing Performance
- Bangalore, India
Site Name: India - Karnataka - Bengaluru
Posted Date: Aug 4 2020
GSK is one of the world's foremost pharmaceutical and healthcare companies and we are proud to be leading a healthcare revolution.
Pharma Supply Chain (PSC) Tech is at the heart of GSK's PSC network which comprises over 30 manufacturing sites in 18 countries, with around 16,000 employees. We are inspired by our patients, passionate about technology and focused on value delivery, and our ambition is to enable a data insight driven organisation through world class innovative platforms and technologies. This is an exciting time to join GSK PSC Tech as we drive forward on our new Biopharma product launches and continue to manage our diverse portfolio of classic and established products.
The PSC Tech Manufacturing Performance Product team are accountable for making it easier for the Pharma Supply Chain to measure, understand and improve the performance of our manufacturing processes by delivering value from our technology platforms through utilizing and exploiting functionality and enabling the business to access and visualize its data in the right way in order to identify areas to drive continuous improvement.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following.
- Partner with the Product Manager(s) to develop, test, deploy & maintain technology, and solutions
- Operate in an Agile Product Model and DevOps principles.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations which includes but is not limited to:
- Business process to system mapping and user requirements capture
- Application and technology design & implementation e.g. automation and testing tools
- UX Design & application of Design Thinking methods
- Information/data flow design & implementation
- Application integration selection/design & implementation
- IT service to support end-to-end business processes Financial evaluation for example performing Total cost of ownership calculations
- Development, maintenance and management of products and solutions, including the identification of gaps, risks and mitigation approaches
- Engage with internal functions and external bodies to understand the wider ecosystem that impacts Product Area
- Ensure solutions align agreed product roadmap and feature requirements
- Support service delivery and lifecycle management, to optimize product portfolio and ensure that systems continue to operate and evolve in line with the Product Roadmap, wider Tech environment and key standards
- Engage with key stakeholders and end users to provide best possible User Experience (UX) and ensure business outcomes are achieved.
We are looking for professionals with these skills to achieve our goals. If you have them, we would like to speak to you.
- Graduate level education in a technical, engineering or IT discipline.
- Experience developing technology products from concept to adoption
- Prior experience of working in a matrixed organization with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrate strong understanding of agile product management techniques which include
- customer development,
- discovery & primary research,
- lean start-up method and
- industrialization / scaling up
- Good technical knowledge to understand the software products and solutions used by the team
- Experience within Pharmaceutical / Consumer (FMCG) Manufacturing Business Units; using, maintaining or managing manufacturing execution systems (including, AspenTech Manufacturing Suite and OEE) is desired
- Experience of modeling, presenting data or developing visuals to drive understanding and improvements using BI technology (e.g. PowerApps, PowerBI etc)
- Good relationship building, team working and influencing skills
- Highly competent in managing day-to-day technical and design direction
- Self-motivated, pragmatic, resourceful and acts without waiting to be told what to do
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
It has come to our attention that the names of GlaxoSmithKline or GSK or our group companies are being used in connection with bogus job advertisements or through unsolicited emails asking candidates to make some payments for recruitment opportunities and interview. Please be advised that such advertisements and emails are not connected with the GlaxoSmithKline group in any way.
GlaxoSmithKline does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection with recruitment with any GlaxoSmithKilne (or GSK) group company at any worldwide location. Even if they claim that the money is refundable.
If you come across unsolicited email from email addresses not ending in gsk.com or job advertisements which state that you should contact an email address that does not end in "gsk.com", you should disregard the same and inform us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, so that we can confirm to you if the job is genuine.
Back to top