- Poznań, Poland
Site Name: Poznan Business Garden
Posted Date: Dec 8 2020
Poznan Tech Hub is GSK worldwide biggest IT center hiring about 700 highly-skilled IT professionals. We are part of GSK, which aspires to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies . At Poznan Tech Hub we build a truly international team which provides services to all GSK locations around the world. Our talented IT experts have a unique opportunity to contribute to the entire product life cycle from research and development, through manufacturing, to commercialization and support salesforce of new vaccines, medicines and healthcare products.
It is a great time to join GSK Tech Hub in Poznan. We value courage, accountability, development and teamwork. You will be encouraged to experiment and collaborate across teams to bring innovation to our every day job. We are open to candidates with various levels of experience - whether you are a seasoned specialist with deep expertise or a graduate looking to kick start your career. Help us to lead in Technology to improve lives of patients and consumers around the world.
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, and we are on a mission to improve humanity's quality of life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. We're undergoing an exciting transformation, as we execute our strategy to spin-off our Consumer Healthcare division to create a world-class Consumer Packaged Goods company in it's own right, alongside a new, dedicated BioPharma company that brings together our cutting-edge therapeutics in Oncology, HIV, Respiratory and Immunology, amongst others.
To enable these fundamental changes to our company, GSK Technology is undergoing it's own transformation building new, advanced capabilities in Cybersecurity, Cloud Computing, AI/ML, Data & Analytics, Software Engineering and Product Management.
GSK's Pharma Supply Chain (PSC) network comprises over 35 manufacturing sites in 30+ countries, with around 25,000 employees. This is an exciting time to join us as we drive forward on our exciting Biopharma new product introductions, aswell as enabling a diverse portfolio of classic and established products, some of which are over 30 years old and continue to grow (e.g Augmentin Penicillin's). PSC Tech is at the heart of driving the organisation forward, with an ambition to enable it to be a data insight driven organisation through world class innovative platforms and technologies.
In the PSC Tech Manufacturing Excellence organisation, we are looking for expertise and functional knowledge of manufacturing processes and systems to join our Manufacturing Quality team. The Manufacturing Quality Product team are accountable for making it easier for Pharma Supply Chain Manufacturing Operational and Quality persons to do the right thing every time in the at-line Quality measurement, testing and batch review of our materials and medicines. Our current Products include Augmented Batch Release, In-Process Control Testing, Process Analytical Technology, and Weigh and Dispensing.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include the following:
1.Partner with the Product Manager(s) to develop, test, deploy & maintain technology and/or solutions to enable business value for GSK, operating within an Agile Product Model and DevOps principles
2. Responsible for the day-to-day operations within an Agile Product DevOps model, which includes but is not limited to:
- Business process to system mapping and user requirements capture
- Application and technology design & implementation e.g. automation tools, testing tools etc.
- UX Design & application of Design Thinking methods
- Information/data flow design & implementation
- Application integration selection/design & implementation
- IT service to support end-to-end business processes
- Financial evaluation e.g. Total cost of ownership calculations
4.Engage with internal functions and external bodies (companies, standards bodies and agencies) to understand the wider ecosystem that impacts the Product area
5.Collaborate with Portfolio & Product ensure solutions align agreed product roadmap & feature requirements
6.Provide technical leadership in support of service delivery and lifecycle management, to optimise the Product portfolio and ensure that systems continue to operate and evolve in line with the Product Roadmap, wider Tech environment and key standards
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- BA/BSc degree in Engineering/Software/IT or relevant technical topic
- 2 years of software development experience
- Experience within Pharmaceutical / Consumer (FMCG) Manufacturing Business Units; using, maintaining managing or Quality Assurance of manufacturing execution systems
- Ability to mine, analyze and interpret data (SQL)
- Experience with visualization tools (Preferably PowerBI/Qlik)
- 2 years of experience database experience like, SQLDB, Azure SQL DB, Azure
- You've been part of teams that have developed successful software products from concept to adoption
- Experience of working within a matrixed organisation with multiple stakeholders to manage
- Strong understanding of agile product management techniques including customer development, discovery & primary research, lean start-up method and industrialisation/scaling-up
- Strong technical knowledge to understand your team's software products or solutions
- Good communication skills (English at least on B2 level)
- Experience of Project Management / Business Analysis presenting data or developing visuals to drive understanding and improvements
- Good relationship building, team working and influencing skills
- Highly competent in managing day-to-day technical and design direction
- Self-motivated, pragmatic, resourceful and acts without waiting to be told what to do
If you have one of the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Python/Scala scripting experience to support notebook-based development effort
- You are aware of leveraging CI and CD tools (like Azure DevOps Based) to automate deployment and testing
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
- Career at one of the leading global healthcare companies
- Contract of employment
- Attractive reward package (annual bonus & awards for outstanding performance, recognition awards for additional achievements and engagement, holiday benefit)
- Life insurance and pension plan
- Private medical package with additional preventive healthcare services for employees and their eligible
- Sports cards (Multisport)
- Possibilities of development within the role and company's structure
- Personalized learning approach (mentoring, online trainings' platforms: Pluralsight, Business Skills, Harvard Manage Mentor, Skillsoft and external trainings)
- Extensive support of work life balance (flexible working solutions, short Fridays option, health & wellbeing activities)
- Supportive community and integration events
- Modern office with creative rooms, fresh fruits everyday
- Free car and bike parking, locker rooms and showers.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top