Site Name: India - Karnataka - Bengaluru
Posted Date: May 13 2021
Tech Strategy & Performance. Tech Strategy and Performance is responsible for driving a cohesive strategy which aligns the Tech function in its role driving Innovation, Performance and Trust, underpinned by an increasingly high performing and purpose-led culture, to enable GSK's businesses to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
As an essential function within Tech Strategy and Performance, the Tech Capability Development team powers Tech Transformation across the global Tech organization and the broader GSK BUs, through effective ways of working and influential leadership of key enablers including Agile, Skills Transformation and the Strategic Partnership Programme, driving benefit and value for patients, consumers, healthcare professionals and employees.
The role of Tech Capability Development is to curate, amplify and scale value driven Tech Capabilities at pace, whether they originate organically, as internal or external eco-system collaboratives, or via Strategic Partnerships.
Together with the broader Strategy & Performance team, we shape, align and amplify Tech around the strategic priorities which enable Tech's performance today and in the future. This sits alongside, and will work in partnership with, the Tech LT, Tech Senior Leaders, Beyond Innovations, BUs, Strategy Teams and Guilds, Strategic Partners, Location Leads (BCCs), Central Functions, Core Tech and the Future Ready programme.
As Technical Capability Delivery Manager you will manage the delivery of technical services in support of various BUs and manage key operational support for priority activity within the established functional portfolios of the global Tech organization. You will also be accountable for critical aspects of change management, running and coordinating specific strategic meetings and stakeholder forums as well as having responsibility to ensure that all support activities are achieved per the service level agreement and that performance is aligned to established metrics.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Interact directly with all Tech groups, business owners/users, external product vendors, data vendors, and offshore support suppliers.
- Coordinate back-log covering multiple layers of complexity while working across parallel workstreams.
- Accountable for running delivery of multiple products/solutions simultaneously throughout multiple waves and various phases
- Responsible for creating and running complex risk logs, identifying risk mitigation opportunities and driving resolution of blockers.
- Serve as change lead ensuring proactive engagement with stakeholders and key participants.
- Develop, operationalize and run key stakeholder events, forums and meetings in support of business priorities.
- Set and monitor service levels and conduct service reviews with all areas.
- Responsible for the identification and execution of operations improvements that will lead to lower cost of ownership for GSK at the enterprise level.
- Responsible for the management and remediation of any audit or compliance findings per GSK standards and execution of routine testing of agreed IT Continuity Plans.
- Serve as the point of contact for service operations performance with the Tech Business Partners and Stakeholders.
- Monitor service performance against service level agreements and produce service reports and escalate as required for business-critical impact.
- Ensure agreed transition processes and schedules are followed to ensure successful introduction of new capabilities or versions of existing capabilities.
- Responsible for ensuring that the GSK standard processes are applied and adhered.
- Establish total cost of ownership at scale of assets and capabilities within their defined function.
- Negotiate with relevant parties in respect of disruptions and major amendments to the provision of services.
- Review capability delivery to ensure that agreed targets are met and prepare proposals to meet forecast changes.
- Liaison with internal and external stakeholders to ensure support service is maintained.
- Meet clear direction and objectives of defined performance measures and standards.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree in Data Science, Computer, Information Sciences, Business Economics, or equivalent experience (consult manager on equivalent experience).
- Minimum five (5) years developing data driven solutions.
- Demonstrated performance and delivery management experience involving data driven solution analysis, extensive problem solving, and the demonstrating ability to create opportunities without compromising our strategy.
- Track record in successful delivery of solution design, programme and product delivery and/or service management experience.
- Prior experience managing or involved in delivering Tech capabilities and Product aligned activities with a track record of high achievement in this role.
- Demonstrated experience working in a matrix environment across functions, geographies and cultures.
- Experience with operations and capability development with strong technical, business and digital acumen.
- Scrutiny and rigor around attention to detail.
- Experience with data analytics, data software, data tools and processes.
- Experience with Product Management and Agile Ways of Working.
- Experience leading change and driving change management
- Knowledge of service operations, processes, service delivery, reporting, and continuous improvement.
- Ability to drive outcomes and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Familiar with the concepts, standards, technology, tools, processes, procedures, hardware, software and services in use for delivering Tech Capability priorities.
- Fluent English.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to influence others, make technical decisions and initiate actions
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Solid awareness of Data and Analytics terminology and persona.
- Experience with Technical skills transformation and upskilling.
- Strong financial acumen with applied experience in value frameworks/value analysis.
- Experience in Scrum, Kanban, Agile @Scale
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Grade - 6
- Experience - 5-8 Years
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
It has come to our attention that the names of GlaxoSmithKline or GSK or our group companies are being used in connection with bogus job advertisements or through unsolicited emails asking candidates to make some payments for recruitment opportunities and interview. Please be advised that such advertisements and emails are not connected with the GlaxoSmithKline group in any way.
GlaxoSmithKline does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection with recruitment with any GlaxoSmithKilne (or GSK) group company at any worldwide location. Even if they claim that the money is refundable.
If you come across unsolicited email from email addresses not ending in gsk.com or job advertisements which state that you should contact an email address that does not end in "gsk.com", you should disregard the same and inform us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, so that we can confirm to you if the job is genuine.