Team Lead & Principal Process Engineer, Pain Relief & Resp Health
- Richmond, VA
Site Name: Richmond Sherwood
Posted Date: May 21 2020
As a Team Lead and Principal Process Engineer you will set direction for and lead the Scale Up team within Global Formulation Excellence, Scale Up & Stewardship. You will set the control strategy for all NPIs and lead the technical transfer of the product from the pilot plant to the factory.. You will also be responsible for technical transfer of all NPIs be it for the region, the categories or for relevant stewardship projects.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Optimize resources within the Scale Up team to execute approved Scale Up and Stewardship projects with scientific excellence, on time and within budget
- Provide life cycle oversight of GSK products from Scale Up of NPI's through Stewardship of new and existing products on the market
- Validate manufacturing processes for NPI and Stewardship projects
- Manage and lead process development activities for assigned projects which typically will be the most technically challenging and complex
- Develop expert processing equipment understanding/characterization at different scales to assist in development of scale-up models
- Lead process engineering studies to identify new and improved processing techniques and technologies for introduction into R&D and Supply Chain
- Engage with R&D teams to understand technologies employed in Category and Regional products and associated challenge
- Independently design experiments and carry out scientific work with expertise in state-of-the art technology
- Ensure seamless collaboration with other R&D or GSK stakeholders (e.g. GMS and QA) in the Scale Up/NPI and Stewardship process and ensure alignment of activities
- Coach, mentor and lead the Process and Sr. Process engineers on their team
Why you? Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Life Sciences, or related field
- 7 years experience in the field of process development
- Experience in leading cross functional technical teams
- Experience in the field of product cost optimization, value engineering, and/or Operational Excellence
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Master's degree/ PhD in Engineering or Science
- Understanding of the Consumer Health / FMCG product development process
- Good understanding of CGMP requirements
Why GSK? Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top