- Warren, NJ
Site Name: USA - New Jersey - Warren
Posted Date: May 11 2020
- Plan the supply from internal and/or external sites in the most efficient way to ensure the desired service levels.
- Optimize stock holding levels within the total supply chain through a detailed understanding of the key planning parameters and end to end process (lead times, supply reliability, demand variability, service objectives etc) and in line with Working Capital targets.
- Achieve business solutions that minimize the impact of any supply constraints and maximize the opportunities for sales growth.
- Identify and implement inventory initiatives to reduce the working capital levels.
- Ensure supply plans and adhere to project timelines to support and fulfil promotional launches.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
Supply Planning Processes and Improvement
- Complying with the standard way of working for a supply planner by performing the standard tasks and process.
- Act as single point of contact for the Supply Planning team and other key stakeholders for resolution of supply issues and implementation of relevant actions.
- Lead the weekly process interacting with Demand Forecasting, sites, Operations Team and Customer Service.
- Create Supply Plans for Finished Goods to meet the short, medium and long term horizon from 18 to 24 months.
- Contribute to the development of proposals together with the Supply Planning Manager, Sites, External Supply Teams, Procurement, and Other Regional Hubs on how to best flex supply chain cost to changing volume requirements.
- Ensure export process with other regions (i.e. for products produced in US but sold outside of US and vice versa) is adhered to and agreed allocations principles are executed.
- Execute the SRM monthly process including the Rough Cut Capacity Planning review to ensure issues are clearly identified, mitigated and, if needed, escalated for resolution at the monthly SRM/S&OP.
- Split plan production generated by local and central Distribution Requirements Planning (DRP) in weekly buckets (5 - 13 weeks) jointly with site schedulers and communicate gross production plan to sites
- Maintain and update product master data parameters and ensure that parameters are aligned between MRP and DRP systems to ensure that inventory is balanced and optimized.
- Liaise with Demand Forecasters to understand the forecasted requirements and manage supply to achieve and maintain high levels of customer service whilst meeting inventory targets
- Manage seasonal planning and campaigning with the sites and market.
- Liaise with Commercial, Customer service and Logistics and External Manufacturers to adjust delivery dates to customer when required.
- Assist in supporting continuous improvements initiatives in ways of working with the Process Capability and Global Teams.
- Manage stock levels for new products and re-launches/discontinuations - run ins/run outs.
- Identify and work with Demand Forecasting, Marketing, Artwork coordinators, in resolving residual and slow-moving stock issue.
- Liaise with central Consumer Supply Chain departments, Marketing, Regulatory etc. to ensure all requirements are coordinated for pack introductions/changes.
Master data & Inventory
- Optimise stock holding levels within the total supply chain through a detailed understanding of the key planning parameters and e2e process (safety stock, lead times, supply reliability, demand variability, service objectives etc) and in line with Working Capital targets
- Liaise with hubs master data team to provide input with the correct supply planning parameters set up of SKUs. Be responsible for the regular review and maintenance and improvement plan of basic supply planning parameters to reflect current supply chain performance indicators and protect customer service level targetsNPI/Artwork:
- Work closely with NPI Planning Manager and provide timely information as necessary (e.g. first production date) , to allow effective tracking, risk identification and issue resolution of NPIs and Artworks
- Work closely with sites coordinate to ensure timely launches of new products launches (NPI), artwork changes or product transfers. Work on phase in / phase out strategy to ensure minimisation of write offs linked to artwork
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Graduate with a degree in science, IT, engineering or business
- 5+ years experience in Supply planning within a FMCG / Pharmaceutical business
- SAP knowledge
- Demonstrated experience of managing a complex multi sourced SKU portfolio and Order Book Management
- Demonstrated experience of managing supply issues and find and propose solutions to mitigate service disruption.
- Demonstration of understanding of using planning parameters to improve service and inventory levels.
- Pro-active in analyzing root causes and proposing alternative solutions
- Disciplined in approach to tasks and good attention to detail
- Excellent track record in getting things done
- Good customer service and communication skills
- Manage high degree of flexibility and the ability to work calmly under pressure at the rapidly changing nature of the business and the dynamic market conditions
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top