Supply Chain Product Expert
Site Name: GSK House
Posted Date: Jan 17 2020
Product Expert Supply Chain
The Product Expert is accountable for business & technical analysis for products within the respective domain. As part of the persistent product development team, they are accountable for technical deliverables and ensuring sound architectural setup of products. The Product Expert will provide technical guidance and advice to Product Owners as part of solutions-fit and options assessment (Viability, Desirability, Feasibility) with a focus on feasibility.
- Technical Configuration/Customization: Work with third party solutions providers, developers and GSK Core Technology/Platforms to conduct technical configuration/customization of solutions that meet our customers needs and provides a great user experience
- Data Protection: Develop a sound knowledge of GSK policies and processes regarding protection of sensitive data
- Governance & Product Assessment: Take part in technical governance and oversight of product development across a product domain. Support Solutions Architect in the assessment of technology solutions
- Product Domain: Understand the product domain from a technology perspective but also understand how the technology adds value
- Quality, Risk & Compliance: Accountable for ensuring all products supporting the business are compliant with internal security, risk management policies and practices, external regulatory and statutory requirements e.g. GxP, SARBOX and that Tech continuity plans are in place for all business-critical products
- Change & Release management: Manage change activity, including Software as a Service delivered change, into the production service in a compliant and efficient manner
- Integrations: Ensure data passing from upstream systems or providers or to downstream systems through integrations is efficient, accurate and secure. This also includes building reporting capabilities that support both operational reporting as well as analytic reporting.
- Process Improvement: Drive ongoing product and technical improvements adopting a mixture of delivery methodologies where appropriate Ã¢Â€Â" but focusing on Value to the customers.
- Technical Product Deliverables: Ensuring completion of technical deliverables as outlined by Product Owner/GRC and ensuring technical aspects of definition of done are achieved.
- Operational Support: Work on support ticket escalations providing resolution to break-fix issues, and deployment of operational changes. Demonstrate an ability to resolve complex issues, manage user relationships and delivery. Proactively seek ways to reduce the volume of support work, identifying common/recurring issues, and proposing improvements.
Why You! We would like it if you have:
- Extensive experience in configuration of SAP APO including design and deployment
- Experience in integration with wider SAP modules like MM, PP, BW.
- Good understanding of how the Procurement Process of Stock Managed processes
- Good understanding of how the Demand management process
- Good understanding of how the Supply Planning Process
- Demonstrated learning agility
- Manage the overall SI to deliver to milestones, targets and metrics
- Support/Lead a mix of on-shore / off-shore resource
- Support the reduction of CW and increased use of Strategic Supplier Staff
- Assist where necessary and deal with escalations Operational support team for Supply Chain.
- Experience of advanced analytics (e.g. Celonis, Microsoft Azure, Google Big Query, Machine learning)
- Basic ABAP debugging experience desirable.
- Agile/Scrum experience Ã¢Â€Â" for example as product owner/product manager in Agile delivery teams
- Experience in SAP IBP or other next generation supply chain tools
Interested in Joining the Team? Please apply via our online portal providing your CV and Cover Letter.
Please ensure you apply before COB 30th January 2019 to ensure youÃ¢Â€Â™re in the running!
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
Why GSK? At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging Ã¢Â€Â" to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. ThatÃ¢Â€Â™s why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
HOW DO I DEVELOP MY CAREER?
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions youÃ¢Â€Â™ll be given the opportunity to:
Ã¢Â€Â¢ Play an important role in delivering our mission
Ã¢Â€Â¢ Be an essential part of diverse, global team
Ã¢Â€Â¢ Develop others as part of your own professional growth
You will also have regular personal development meetings with your line manager to give you the opportunity to create a fulfilling career at GSK.
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED?
The Total Reward Package offered is:
Ã¢Â€Â¢ Competitive Salary
Ã¢Â€Â¢ Competitive on Target Bonus
Ã¢Â€Â¢ 26-days paid holiday
Ã¢Â€Â¢ Personal Healthcare, with the option to purchase family cover
Ã¢Â€Â¢ GSK Pension
Ã¢Â€Â¢ Share & Save Schemes
Ã¢Â€Â¢ Total Reward Discounts
You will join GSKÃ¢Â€Â™s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Find out how you can do this .
WHO WILL I BE WORKING WITH?
Click here to meet your team .
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
We're open to all talent - whatever your gender, disability, marital status, religion or belief, age, race, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin.
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top