Supply Chain Labs and Tech Lead
- Brentford, United Kingdom
Site Name: Belgium-Bruxelles, UK - County Durham - Barnard Castle, UK - Hertfordshire - Stevenage, UK - Hertfordshire - Ware RD, UK - London - Brentford
Posted Date: Oct 23 2020
The New role is required for the support and execution of the Value Chain & Integration Tech strategy for Laboratory Operations applications. This role is primarily focused on LIMS technology, supporting business process and operations. These responsibilities will be transitioned from the existing Rx LIMS Tech team to our new CH LIMS Tech team.
The Supply Chain Technical Operations Lead will assess business needs and system issues and configure, customize, update, and tune StarLIMS system to improve operational efficiency. The position will interpret user requirements, create and maintain procedures, and assist in the configuration/customization of the system. Ensure implementation of LIMS enhancements within time and of quality established by best practices and coding standards. Candidates with similar experience in other LIMS or laboratory systems may qualify for structured and on-the-job training in StarLIMS software.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
- Manage LIMS technologies including configuration and performance
- Define and manage architecture and instrument integrations (~4000)
- Expert in legacy solutions and main expert to provide L4 support
- Ensure and Enable 2 SLIMS Enhancement releases/year
- Drive technical decisions on how best to configure solution based on user requirements and industry needs
- Ensure SLIMS solution has optimized performance at application and database level
- Establishes development standards, processes and best practices.
- Applies knowledge of GSK business process to design and build solutions to Data integrity and other business challenges
- Can influence key contributors/stake holders to make decisions that minimize solution customization
- Instills confidence through actions, with clients and stakeholders that the program goals will be met
- Coordination with Shared Services organizations to ensure our partners have an accurate view of our portfolio and understand our key priorities
Why you? This role can be located anywhere in EMEA
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- BS in Computer Science
- 5 years' experience in labs and R&D operations roles with information technology and healthcare experience.
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Advanced knowledge of quality and risk management principles and tools
- Partnering on problem-solving discussions between key stakeholders
- Ability to nurture and maintaining collaborative working relationships
- Lead and influence people in a matrix business environment globally
- Strategic thinking of infrastructure and strong drive for implementation
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to adapt and work under uncertainty and accommodate flexible work demands
- Global perspective; cultural sensitivity
- Ability to navigate under pressure; resilient; self-motivated; sense of urgency and solid decision making
- Able to converse in English (spoken and written)
- Smart experienced risk-taking mindset
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to communicate effectively and directly with stakeholders, using the most appropriate communication channels and adapting information and style to the audience
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution. Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class(US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top