Exciting minds with our Supply Chain Associate Apprenticeship
- Must have earned a high school diploma or equivalency diploma by December 202 1 .
- High school GPA 2.5 ("B") or above (4.0 scale)
- High school Algebra and Geometry or 2 units equivalent of academic math (GPA 2.5 or above in each case)
- High school English (GPA 2.5 or above)
- Community c ollege enrolled students with 30 credits or less are eligible to apply
Start date: December 2021
Assessment center date (anticipated): Early November 2021
- Must be 18 years of age by Decembe r 1, 202 1 .
- Less than 2 years of related work experience since graduating from high school .
- If offered a position the candidate must be willing to enroll , and meet entry requirements at GSK's partnering community college in the preferred related instruction course.
- Must be able to commute on a daily basis to GSK Upper Merion
Want to solve some of the world's biggest health challenges?
With over 300 years of innovation, we're a science-led global healthcare company that delivers billions of innovative products each year. Join us and help millions of people do more, feel better, live longer.
Achieve your career goals on our apprentice program
Are you a logical thinker with good time management skills who enjoys working in a team, le ar n ing new things and working with data ? Are you a recent high school graduate with an ambition to play a key role in helping the company source raw materials, manufacture our products and deliver finished life - saving products all over the world? If so, the GSK Apprentice Program could be for you.
This entry-level, development opportunity offers you the chance to study towards nationally r ecognized qualifications while gaining hands-on, paid work experience.
Our supply chain associate apprentices at Upper Merion will study towards an Associate's Degree in Supply Chain Management- Global Logistics Technology on - line . Over the 3 years in the Program, you will rotate through different intern al teams , developing sup ply chain and leadership skills. Your rotations may include time in scheduling, planning, production warehousing and customer interfacing roles.
What will you do?
As a Supply Chain Associate apprentice, you may get involved in the following activities:
- Scheduling and planning our raw materials and pharmaceutical production lines
- Assisting with new product introductions, including packaging and shipping
- Learning about warehouse operations including inbound raw material and outbound finished product movemen t
- Understand ing the complexities of shipping international ly
- Attending daily and weekly performance meetings and, once you have settled into the role, have the opportunity to l ead t he meetings
- Helping team members with data collection and analysis to support informed business decision
- Working alongside colleagues in key projects liaising with external contractors
- As you progress in the role you will have more responsibility, potentially picking up your own portfolio of products to manage an d leading your projects
- B uilding planning and data management skills through a tailored entry-level development program, working with industry professionals
- E arning an Associate's degree at GSK's partnering community college with the potential to go on to further study. GSK will pay for the apprentice's tuition costs for company approved courses related to the Associate's degree .
- Connecting with GSK apprentices across the US. You may even have the opportunity to travel overseas to connect with other GSK apprentices and further your personal development journey
- R eceiving an industry-recognized "Certificate of Completion" training credential from the U.S. Department of Labor upon completion of GSK's Apprentice Program - a portable certificate of competency
- B eing part of an inclusive organization that fosters individual empowerment and builds trust
- D eveloping skills in an industry that's making innovative changes to the way it develops and manufactures products
- A competitive base salary
- Fully-funded college tuition and paid expenses for Associate's Degree
- An annual bonus based on company performance
- Access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs, which reward exceptional achievements
- A performance and development program
Watch the video in the banner at the top of this page and you'll find tips on our website - https://us.gsk.com/en-us/careers/apprentices-students-and-graduates/apprenticeships/application-tips-and-process/
We recommend you apply as soon as possible, because we accept ongoing applications and offer positions on a first come, first served basis.
We're 100% open to all talent
We're 100% open to all talent - whatever your gender, marital status, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability. We want to recruit the right people for GSK from the widest possible backgrounds, so we can better serve the diversity of our patients and consumers. And also because it's the right thing to do.
Need help with your application?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how we can help you. Or email us your number and we'll call you back. We'll make all reasonable modifications to support you throughout the recruitment process and we'll treat all information you give us in confidence. Please get in touch to help us process your application as soon as possible.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.