Supervisor, Production Logistics (1-year contract)
- Wavre, Belgium
Site Name: Belgium-Rixensart
Posted Date: Nov 17 2020
As Production Supervisor, you manage day to day bulk vaccines logistics operations in a multiple products environment, managing a team of about 15 people (technicians, operators
The mission of material preparation group is to receive the materials cleaned and either wrap them (simple) for storage, either proceed with the assembly of different components to obtain an assembly group that will be sterilized and supplied to process units
This group also is responsible for assembly and testing filter housings and vessels.
This role is a 1-year contract (minimum), reporting to Head of Production, in the Manufacturing Production Unit HAV.
- You supervise day to day bulk vaccines logistics operations in a multiple products environment, managing a team of about 15 people (technicians, operators)
- You are responsible for materials handling and product distribution in a manufacturing environment, being in contact with some suppliers (mainly internal stakeholders). This includes warehousing, storage, movement and supply of raw materials, intermediate products and supplies
- You organize and optimize the internal flows in a multi viral bulk production unit, able to communicate and engage to all levels
- You motivate and encourage a team of employees to improve and maintain expected volumes and productivity. You have authority for hiring, termination; discipline and performance decision.
- You apply the recommended processes and anticipate potential improvements of the current processes while assuring compliance with existing procedures.
- You ensure compliance of the operations with GMP and Authorities requirements, and monitor quality of the production in close collaboration with QA and take corrective actions when necessary.
- You are responsible for implementing the Operational Excellence Process, including TIER meetings , KPI definition and follow up, problem solving, etc.
- You organize and monitor performance progress efficiency of the facility through Key Performance Indicators related to Quality, Budget, Delivery and Security.
- You coordinate specific projects of improvement to ensure quality, efficiency, productivity, security and simplification
- You provide technical support , mentoring and coaching to direct reports in order support their day to day operations and difficulties
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bio Engineer or University degree in sciences or equivalent acquired through experience
- Knowledge of GMP for biological products and manufacturing requirements (material flow, cleaning methods...)
- First experience managing large teams
- High level of flexibility, sense of priorities, communication and good organizational skills.
- Able to work under pressure with a customer centric approach
- Good level of written and spoken English
If you have the following characteristics it would be a plus:
- Knowledge of root-cause analysis tool (Ishikawa, 5 Whys, ...)
- Complementary training in logistical flux management / Supply
GSK Vaccines- Our Vaccines business has a broad portfolio and innovative pipeline of vaccines to protect people of all ages. We deliver over two million vaccine doses per day to people living in over 160 countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com .
Once our pioneering treatments have been developed, they are manufactured to the highest standards and distributed across the regions that need them most. Accomplishing this as efficiently and quickly as possible can quite literally be a matter of life and death. So, it's no wonder that more than 70% of our talented workforce is based within Global Industrial Operations - the essential business unit that manufactures and manages the entire vaccine supply process, from customer order to product dispatch on a global scale.
As the name suggests, it operates in a multi-national context across more than 17 sites around the world, working closely in tandem with colleagues from a variety of disciplines and professions.
The department is structured in operating units that focus on various aspects of the manufacturing and supply process. These include Industrialisation (overseeing the transfer of production from R&D to a commercial level), Supply Chain Management and Technical Services.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
We provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best.
If you have a disability and require assistance during the course of the selection process, you will have the opportunity to let us know what specific assistance you require in order to make suitable arrangements.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top