Site Name: USA - Maryland - Rockville
Posted Date: Feb 6 2020
Are you looking to lead a facilities team at a major biopharm manufacturing facility? If so, this is the job for you.
- Supervise Facilities-related activities for GSK pre-clinical, clinical and commercial cGMP activities.
- Assume site-wide Facilities Maintenance responsibilities. Structure organization to perform functions required to maintain and repair GSK facilities systems and equipment in a cost-effective manner.
- Actively recruit, obtain, and structure a Facilities Maintenance staff that is second to none. Develop in-house expertise for critical process maintenance and operations functions.
- Prepare and implement recommendations for making the Facilities Maintenance SOP's and other related documentation uniform and consistent.
- Implement and maintain a state of the art computerized maintenance management system (Enterprise Asset Management System) to schedule, track and document all preventative maintenance and repair activities site-wide.
- Exhibit an ability to work with other Operations groups (Manufacturing, Engineering, Validation, Materials Management, and Quality Systems) to create and implement policies and to provide appropriate resources to support process activities and production schedules at all areas of operations.
- Ensures Self Inspection Universe procedures for area of responsibility are in place and in use.
- Own the EHS risk assessment process within management area (i.e., identify operations needing to be assessed, approve completed assessments, and ensure any required mitigation/Corrective and Preventative Actions (CAPAs) are implemented on time
- At least weekly, review Zero Accident Promotions (ZAPs) submitted by team, identify trends and any applicable CAPAs, and discuss with team
- At least weekly, conduct routine EHS-focused process confirmation at in the area of management
- At least monthly, review area self-inspection reports to identify recurring EHS issues and ensure effective CAPAs are implemented
The Supervisor Facilities may be responsible for making departmental decisions concerning maintenance and repair of utility and process equipment and providing input to the Manager facilities when contributing to the decision making process for items affecting the site as a whole. The typical work hours for this position are a standard work day and 40 hour work week however after hours support may be required on occasion. Some travel may be required.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience (Mechanical/Electrical/Process-related - possess a detailed understanding of electrical, mechanical, process activities in a Biotech and/or pharmaceutical facility.
- Individual will be able to instruct direct reports with responsibilities and corporate objectives.
- 0-5 years experience in facilities maintenance management.
- 5-10 years experience with a biopharmaceutical company.
- Know FDA and cGMP requirements; Implement and maintain procedures to meet such guidelines. Strong organizational skills are a must.
- Leadership experience including direction with building design requirements, staffing organization, and licensing and clinical operating procedures.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- Production experience
- Broad technical knowledge and experience in utility systems development
- Background in engineering
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of Employee Health Safety and regulatory standards
- Ability to drive process improvements
- Demonstrate effective use of transformation principles
- Coaching and leadership skills
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
- Stationary Engineers License State of Maryland (Preferred)
- EPA Certified Universal Refrigerant License (Preferred)
- State of Maryland Board of Waterworks & Waste Systems Operators License (Preferred)
- State of Maryland Board of Waterworks & Waste Systems Superintendents License (Preferred)
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top