Strategic Pricing Manager
- Philadelphia, PA
Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - Philadelphia
Posted Date: Sep 25 2020
The manager of US Pricing is responsible for the day to day requirements including the development of pricing strategies and the operational deliverables that accompany strategies, tactics and implementation.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
- Support state price transparency initiatives to analyze market impacts, complete state submissions and Laisse with Public Policy, Government Relations and Legal to negotiate with state legislators as laws are enacted.
- Conduct financial modeling of pricing scenarios incorporating market environment risks for launched products to assess the portfolio price strategy
- Maintain price recommendation optimization (PRO) adjustment module of the gross to net financial reporting system, inclusive of administrative duties (develop, access control, formula adjustments, & consolidation reporting)
- Communicate Managed Care, Medicare Part D and Mandated pricing principles across the US market
- Maintain pricing intelligence including environmental trends and knowledge of pricing and market access requirements across customer segments; Identify and anticipate key trends and assess opportunities and risks for pricing strategy development.
- Support the Director, Strategic Pricing on ad hoc pricing projects and in the development of an excellence competency in pricing strategy development
- Lead operational efforts such as: price adjustments, mandatory state filing requirements, SOP maintenance and improvement, process measurement and feedback loop, pricing model upkeep and improvement, audit / miscellaneous pricing inquiries
Why you? Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree & 5 years related experience in the pharmaceutical industry or related healthcare management
- Knowledge of US pharmaceutical payer, policy, contracting, finance, price and reimbursement systems
- Excellent analytical skills and the demonstrated ability to act independently in leading evaluations and addressing business decision-making related to pricing strategies
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Master's degree preferably in marketing, economics, finance or healthcare management
- Knowledge of payer contracting to support Strategic Pricing strategies
- Working knowledge of economic and marketing principles and business valuation techniques
- Excellent communication skills, specifically writing and presentation
- Proficient time management skills with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities with a high degree of initiative
Why GSK? Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top