Statistics Manager/Statistics Director
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical companies. Our powerful combination of skills and resources provide the platform for delivering strong growth and the platform for responding quickly to the rapidly changing global healthcare environment. We are a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 markets, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
Within GSK, Clinical Statistics is part of the same group which includes clinical pharmacology modelling and simulation, epidemiology and statistical innovation. Our statisticians have the opportunity to take part in world-class methodological research, as well as to fulfil a vital role on our multidisciplinary medicines development teams.
Key responsibilities include:
• Provide statistical leadership within the clinical statistics department and R&D organization.
• Providing statistical input to the design, analysis, reporting and interpretation of clinical studies.
• Providing statistical contributions and strategic input to clinical development plans.
• Providing leadership on regulatory strategy.
• Building and maintaining effective strategic working relationships with internal and external partners to deliver on business needs.
Our end-to-end project support model ensures that our statisticians work across the entire range of drug development, from early clinical development, to registration and marketed product support.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
• MSc and 5 years or PhD and 3 years in a Statistical discipline
• Self-motivated and independent worker.
• Strong time management skills; able to effectively organise and manage a variety of tasks across different projects.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skill.
• Demonstrated ability building and maintaining strong working relationships.
• Ability to explain novel and standard methods to scientific and clinical senior stakeholders.
• Experience successfully influencing effectively across functions and levels of an organization.
• Track record of strong statistical contributions and accomplishments in clinical drug development, with a broad knowledge of all phases of drug development (pre-clinical; Phase I-IV).
• Demonstrated ability to lead or make major contributions to department, organizational and/or industry-wide initiatives, through effective communication and influence.
• Expertise in a range of statistical methodologies with application to real problems.
• Examples of applying innovative statistical thinking.
• Experience with Bayesian methods.
• Experience across a wide range of therapeutic areas.
• Experience of working with, and co-ordinating the work of CROs.
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top