Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence, UK - Hertfordshire - Stevenage, UK - Hertfordshire - Ware
Posted Date: Oct 1 2021
GlaxoSmithKline is a world leading research-based pharmaceutical company that combines both individual talent and technical resources to support our mission to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
Do you want to work for one of the world's leading pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, applying your statistical skills and innovative statistical methodology to make key contributions to the development of new medicines?
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced applied statistician to join our global Chemistry, Manufacturing and Controls (CMC) group, dedicated to supporting the development of manufacturing and associated processes required to bring a physical medicinal product to market.
The role will require collaborating with scientists, often in multidisciplinary teams, providing statistical leadership to project teams, developing the active pharmaceutical ingredient, and formulating it into medicines for many diseases.
This role will suit a driven self-motivated and experienced Statistician. You will have a strong technical knowledge in statistics and will also be proficient in the use of statistical software. You will have a strong track-record of solving complex problems and developing solutions, be resilient and calm under pressure, with strong people skills and a proven ability to influence.
Our vision is to create a single global high performing team of statisticians, who ensure statistical thinking is an integral part of decision making and knowledge gathering in Research and Development.
- Provide statistical input to the design, analysis, reporting and interpretation of CMC studies
- Apply a wide range of methodologies including linear and non-linear modelling, design of experiments and analysis, equivalence testing, multivariate methods and modelling based on the Bayesian paradigm
- Promote statistical approaches and communicate with other statisticians and scientific colleagues to ensure appropriate inference is used as decisions are made
- Contribute to regulatory submissions required to register our medicines on the market
- Assist with the coaching, mentoring and training of non-statisticians as required on the appropriate use of statistical methodologies for their business processes
- Operate across the entire range of drug development activities, from early development, to registration and marketed product support.
- Actively participate in the wider statistics network and help ensure that best practices are incorporated into local ways of working
- Maintain and develop technical knowledge and skills appropriate for the role of professional statistician
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process. If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- MSc in statistics or a related discipline
- Practical understanding of statistical modelling and its application to real world problems
- Track record of strong academic performance
- Able to adapt to changing business needs
- Demonstrated experience working effectively in a team setting
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- PhD in statistics or a related discipline with demonstrable experience as a statistician in a pharmaceutical, fast moving consumer goods, agrochemical or academic setting
- Expertise in multiple statistical methodologies as well as demonstrated experience leveraging their practical application
- Capable of applying innovative statistical thinking
- Experience with Bayesian methods
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with capability in building and maintaining strong working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to explain novel and standard methods to scientific colleagues
- Experience as a consultant statistician who has taken a leadership role in a multi-disciplinary team
- Proficient in the use of Statistical software (e.g. R, SAS, Statistica, DesignExpert)
GSK is a place where outstanding people do amazing things. As a science-led global healthcare company, we exist to help people do more, feel better, live longer. This special purpose - along with our goal of being one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies - helps us attract some of the best and brightest minds in the world.
We take pride in providing access to all and continually focus on our opportunity and obligation to do more to improve inclusion and diversity: for our people inside GSK; in the way we do business; and in the communities where we operate.
We want our company to be a place where diversity of people and thought is valued everywhere and where we're all able to be ourselves and feel a sense of belonging. An inclusive organization where we all feel valued, engaged and supported, knowing that our work makes an important contribution to our mission. Reinforced by our clear values and expectations , it is part of our DNA. Together we achieve extraordinary things for our patients and consumers, who rely on us each and every day.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.