- Collegeville, PA
Site Name: UK - Hertfordshire - Stevenage, UK - Hertfordshire - Ware, USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence
Posted Date: Oct 1 2020
Do you want to work for one of the world's leading pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, applying your statistical skills and innovative statistical methodology to make key contributions to the development of new medicines?
GSK's goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We have three global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We are committed to widening access to our products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay.
GSK has a thriving global community of statisticians across the three divisions of our company.
Within the pharmaceutical division, we have an exciting opportunity for an applied statistician to join our global Chemistry, Manufacturing and Control (CMC) group, dedicated to supporting the development of manufacturing and associated processes required to bring a physical medicinal product to market.
The role will require collaborating with scientists, often in multidisciplinary teams, to develop the active pharmaceutical ingredient, formulating it into medicines for many diseases.
Quality by Design is an initiative from the Food and Drug Administration which needs greater modelling of our processes. This requires statistical skills and hence the demand for statistical expertise is increasing in the CMC development of our medicines, with statistical leaders provided for our major projects.
Our vision is to create a single global high performing team of statisticians, who ensure statistical thinking is an integral part of decision making and knowledge gathering in Research and Development.
Key responsibilities :
- Provide statistical input to the design, analysis, reporting and interpretation of CMC studies
- Apply a wide range of methodologies including linear and non-linear modelling, design of experiments and analysis, equivalence testing, multivariate methods and modelling based on the Bayesian paradigm
- Promote statistical approaches and communicate with other statisticians and scientific colleagues to ensure appropriate inference is used as decisions are made
- Contribute to regulatory submissions required to register our medicines on the market
- Operate across the entire range of drug development activities, from early development, to registration and marketed product support.
- Be perceptive and creative, with a flair for applying knowledge to diverse and demanding scientific problems
Why You? Basic Qualifications:
- Post-graduate qualification in statistics
- Practical understanding of statistical modelling and its application to real world problems
- Track record of strong academic performance
- Able to adapt to changing business needs
- Demonstrated experience working effectively in a team setting
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- PhD in statistics with 1+ years of relevant experience as a statistician in a pharmaceutical, fast moving consumer goods, agrochemical or academic setting
- Expertise in multiple statistical methodologies as well as demonstrated experience leveraging their practical application
- Capable of applying innovative statistical thinking
- Experience with Bayesian methods
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with;
- Capability in building and maintaining strong working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to explain novel and standard methods to scientific colleagues
- Experience as a consultant statistician who has taken a leadership role in a multi-disciplinary team
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top