Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence, Home Worker - GBR, UK - Hertfordshire - Stevenage, UK - London - Brentford, USA - Massachusetts - Waltham, USA - Pennsylvania - Philadelphia
Posted Date: Nov 10 2021
Are you a strategic, collaborative and entrepreneurial leader? We need talented Director-level people like you to provide statistical leadership in designing and implementing asset development plans for multiple therapy areas. GSK has a commitment to the discovery and development of new therapies with the life-changing potential of helping patients in rheumatology, respiratory and COVID-19, HIV, Hepatitis and Specialty Medicines. Our biostatisticians are industry-leading experts in data analysis and methodologic research. Our end-to-end project support model ensures that our statisticians collaborate across the entire range of drug development, from early clinical development, to registration and marketed product support. To be successful in your role, you will be highly influential, a proven leader and adept in the application of advanced techniques, including Bayesian methods for trial/development-plan design and quantitative decision-making.
GSK has a thriving global community of statisticians. We are seeking an experienced director-level Biostatistician to lead the Biostatistics input into key projects, helping drive the development of new important medicines for patients. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a leading Biopharmaceutical organisation and support innovative impact on the healthcare field.
- Lead the statistical input to the project development team, leading the driving of innovation and ensuring commitment to quality standards, processes and efficient delivery
- Contribute to strategic planning and quantitative decision making
- Foster and encourage a culture of innovation, and act as a role model to others in actively owning and driving the use of innovative methods where appropriate.
- Provide statistical leadership within the clinical statistics department and R&D organization
- Providing statistical input to the design, analysis, reporting and interpretation of clinical studies
- Providing statistical contributions and strategic input to clinical development plans
- Providing leadership on regulatory strategy
- Building and maintaining effective strategic working relationships with internal and external partners to deliver on business needs
- Interacting effectively with key stakeholders and governance boards
- MSc or PhD in a Statistical discipline
- Statistical expert with considerable leadership experience and proven capabilities in managing global projects
- Strong time-management skills; able to effectively organize and manage a variety of tasks across different projects.
- Ability to innovate and apply cutting-edge approaches in drug development
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including:
- Demonstrated ability in building and maintaining strong working relationships
- Ability to explain novel and standard methods to scientific and clinical senior stakeholders.
- Effective influencing across functions and levels of an organization
- Track record of strong statistical contributions and accomplishments in clinical drug development, with a broad knowledge of all phases of drug development (pre-clinical; Phase I-IV).
- Demonstrated ability to lead or make major contributions to department, organizational and/or industry-wide initiatives, through effective communication and influence.
- Expertise in a range of statistical methodologies with application to real problems
- Examples of applying innovative statistical thinking
- Experience with Bayesian methods
- Experience across a wide range of therapeutic areas.
- Self-motivated and independent worker
- Experience of working with and coordinating the work of CROs.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.