Stability Team Leader
- Guildford, United Kingdom
Site Name: UK - Surrey - Weybridge
Posted Date: Apr 27 2020
The GSK Consumer Healthcare R&D team supports the development of leading global brands in Consumer Health care. Stability sciences is a specialized discipline providing support for to new product development contributing to the growth of the Consumer Health Business. Their expertise is utilized by providing technical data supporting product stability within assigning shelf life and storage conditions.
The role is to lead stability activities associated with the Category R&D development programs and to ensure proper management of stability infrastructure based on the site where candidate is located.
a global team of Stability experts responsible for providing expert guidance on shelf life assignments as well as overseeing Stability Operations at internal and external facilities. The role requires close collaboration with Quality, Regulatory and product development teams to ensure that technical data and documentation generated by Stability function meets the timeline and compliance.
Competitive Salary Will be offered
Closing Date 29th May 2020
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelors Degree
- Extensive experience in the area of stability science, analytical chemistry in the OTC or consumer products industry
- Experience of recruiting, training and direction setting of a large group of Stability experts.
- Preference is for an individual with experience of analytical and Stability operations.
- Strong knowledge of cGMP requirements related to Stability and analytical chemistry.
- Proven ability to successfully manage teams across time zones and cultures
- Excellent leadership, communication and influencing skills in a complex, matrix environment
- Proven ability to realize a vision by inspiring others within and outside of function,
- Able to interact effectively with the most senior levels of management both internally and externally
- Proven ability to express problems / challenges and solutions in a clear and concise manner
- Proven ability to solve complex technical and operational problems.
- Proven ability to maintain and deploy an external network of service providers to the benefit of the activities for which the incumbent is accountable.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- The candidate must demonstrate strong organizational ability, comfort with complexity and ambiguity and an ability to lead within a strong matrix organization.
- A passion for scientific expertise will be essential given the critical importance of technical oversight to the Stability function.
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class(US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email email@example.com
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top