Sr Scientist, Immuno-Oncology (Non-PhD role)
- Cambridge, MA
Site Name: USA - Massachusetts - Cambridge
Posted Date: May 12 2020
Are you energized by a challenging role in immuno-oncology, where scientific demand is driving team growth? If so, this Senior Scientist would be a great opportunity to consider.
The Immune Biology Group within GSK's Immuno-Oncology & Combinations Research Unit (IOC RU) is seeking a Sr. Scientist with experience in immuno-oncology or immunology to join our team.
In this role, you will be responsible for conducting research designed to identify and validate immune-based therapies for cancer.
This Sr. Scientist role will provide you the opportunity to lead key activities to progress your career. Responsibilities include:
- Deliver critical path biology results to support GSK's pipeline of cancer immunotherapies from early discovery to first-time-in-human commitment.
- Establish and expand internal wet lab capabilities at a growing GSK site.
- Actively participate in building and maintaining drug discovery relationships with both internal stakeholders and external partners.
- Work within a dynamic and collaborative environment to deliver high-quality scientific data packages to meet experimental and organizational goals.
Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in immunology, immuno-oncology or related field with 5+/3+ years of experience, respectively.
- Strong scientific background in immunology or immuno-oncology research, with a focus on bioassay development to functionally characterize biologics and/or small molecules.
- Research expertise in the field of adaptive immunity with a focus on T cell biology with demonstrated ability to independently establish robust in vitro and ex vivo functional assay protocols to investigate mechanisms of action for multiple drug candidates and their combinations.
- Expertise in high-dimensional flow cytometry to phenotypically characterize immune cells from human and murine tissue samples, including both surface and intracellular staining.
- Demonstrated hands-on ability to independently design, conduct, and analyze pharmacology studies.
- Strong communication skills and ability to conduct research in a cross-functional team environment.
- Ability to interpret data clearly and concisely both verbally and in documents and present results in an organized manner.
- Ability to prioritize, manage time efficiently, and implement creative solutions to meet program needs.
- Commitment to continual improvement by reading and applying the latest scientific literature, methodologies and technology where appropriate.
- A high level of integrity and desire to develop transformational medicines that bring benefit to patients
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- 2+ years pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry research experience working in matrixed drug discovery project teams.
- Research expertise with functional characterization of myeloid cells
- Experience liaising with Laboratory Operations personnel.
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
This is a job description to aide in the job posting, but does not include all job evaluation
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top