Sr. Scientist, Immune Biology Group, Immuno-Oncology & Combinations RU
Are you energized by a challenging role in immuno-oncology, where scientific demand is driving team growth? If so, this Senior Scientist would be a great opportunity to consider.
The Immune Biology Group within GSK's Immuno-Oncology & Combinations Research Unit (IOC RU) is seeking a Sr. Scientist with experience in immuno-oncology or immunology to join our team.
As a Sr. Scientist, you will be responsible for conducting research designed to identify and validate immune-based therapies for cancer.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Deliver critical path biology results to support GSK's growing pipeline of cancer immunotherapies.
- Work within a dynamic environment to deliver high-quality scientific data packages to meet aggressive/disciplined milestone objectives
- Contribute to the progression of pre-clinical programs from early discovery to FTIH commitment.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in immunology or related field with 3 plus years of experience preferably within immuno-oncology research and development.
- Strong bioassay development expertise relevant to the fields of immuno-oncology and/or immunology (e.g. PBMC/MLR assays, primary tumor/T cell co-culture systems and HTS platforms).
- Experience evaluating biologics and/or small molecules to determine activating and/or regulatory pathways governing innate and adaptive immunity.
- Expertise in flow cytometry to measure cell surface phenotypic profiles and intracellular cytokine staining.
- Research expertise in the fields of innate and adaptive immunity in the tumor microenvironment (e.g. T cell biology, TCR signaling, and the inter-relationships of TILs, M1/M2 Mɸ and MDSCs in the TME).
- Ability to independently design and execute innovative experiments to meet program needs.
- Ability to work in matrix teams with scientific accountability.
- Ability to communicate scientific content well with colleagues and senior leadership.
- Commitment to continual improvement by reading and applying the latest scientific literature, methodologies and technology where appropriate.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- 2+ years pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry research experience working on drug discovery project teams.
- Experience using in vivo animal models in cancer immunotherapy (e.g. syngeneic tumor models and/or humanized mouse models with reconstituted human immune systems).
- Willing and able to travel to participate in scientific meetings or due diligence review for in-licensing/ partnering opportunities.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GSK's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top