Sr Manager/Director - Oncology Commercial Insights
- Waltham, MA
Site Name: Philadelphia Navy Yard, USA - Massachusetts - Boston, USA - Pennsylvania - Philadelphia, USA - Massachusetts - Waltham
Posted Date: Apr 28 2020
Are you a leader in Commercial Analytics and want to be part of a World-class capability center that drives and supports brand management efforts in Oncology? If yes, this Sr Manager/Director, Oncology Commercial Analytics role could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
This role requires strong data analytics foundations and experience, as well as familiarity with connecting analytics to business decisions. Success in this role requires strong partnership with several GSK functions including Marketing, Sales, BU leads, Commercial Data & Analytics, and Payer Marketing.
As Sr Manager/Director, Oncology Commercial Analytics you will partner with, advise, and advocate for, Oncology BU leadership on portfolio of Commercial Analytic responsibilities and defined deliverables, including:
- Identify and implement appropriate customer segmentation and targeting strategies for all marketing and sales channels
- Proactively identify opportunities by leveraging various commercial analytics such as
- Physician, Account, and Patient Segmentations
- Patient Adherence and Persistence
- Brand Performance Analytics
- Advanced Analytics (e.g., Marketing Mix)
- Execute customer targeting and scenario planning for resourcing shifts to enable brand performance objectives
- Increase efficiencies through process and analytics automation, as well as partnering with stakeholders to design and implementation of analytic ready datasets.
- Identify key performance indicators (KPIs) to assess performance of product(s) and ensure data collection is in place to assess these KPIs
- Conduct analyses using internal and external real-world data to generate disease insights to improve patient care and support business needs
- Transform real-world data into actionable insights in through hands-on manipulation and statistical analysis of complex real-world datasets.
- Liaise with forecast colleagues to provide data-driven assumptions based on qualitative and quantitative insights
- Perform ad hoc and deep dive analysis in secondary research as required to uncover and understand market and competitive dynamics
- Liaise with Global Insights & Analytics for best practice sharing and building of cross-geography capabilities
The Commercial Analytics Sr. Manager/Director role will work along-side the Brand Team, and requires strong influencing, communication, and negotiation skills, in addition to a combination of strong technical quantitative and qualitative competences in order to effectively communicate analytically-derived insights to management committees. GSK will be investing in your professional development in order to develop future insights-grounded brand leaders.
Why you? Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree preferably in a business or science field
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in advanced marketing analytics, full-time employment in a biotech / pharmaceutical organization, or in leading global management consulting firm
- Manager Grade 6: minimum 4 years experience
- Director Grade 5: minimum 6 years experience
- Understanding of marketing fundamentals & analytics frameworks that can be applied to solve business problems
- Experience with analytical and data management tools (SQL, SAS, R, Python etc.) as well as reporting tools (e.g., Tableau)
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical secondary data sources (e.g., patient/claims data etc.)
- Preferred demonstrable record of success of both pharmaceutical market/product forecasting and real-world data analytics
- Experience working in oncology
- Strong understanding of drug development and commercialization process
- Proven ability to manage time effectively and handle multiple conflicting priorities
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Understanding of the business impact of diversity & inclusion
- Proven and advanced collaboration skills, and cultural sensitivity
- Strong business acumen
- Demonstrated ability to influence senior commercial leadership and confidently defend informed recommendations
- Ability to work effectively across a matrix environment and influence without formal authority
Why GSK? Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change. Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative and motivating others
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top