Sr Manager Sterile Product Development
- Waltham, MA
Site Name: USA - Massachusetts - Waltham
Posted Date: Jun 9 2020
Are you looking for a leadership role that leverages your technical expertise and allows you to shape product development? If so, this Sr Manager Sterile Product Development role could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
As a Sr. Manager Sterile Product Development, you will contribute to the development of the company's products. You will also participate in international product teams to define and implement development policy and programs that best support the product strategy and future positioning of the organization.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Influence organizational thinking and/ or research/ development approach in area of expertise using your scientific or technological insight
- Apply knowledge of multiple disciplines or technological processes to affect program/project direction
- Mentor others in area of technical knowledge/expertise
- Influence experimental design and data interpretation across the therapeutic or development areas
- Communicate findings to internal groups in an effective manner
- Assume smaller scale program/project leadership roles or leadership of other matrix teams beyond own discipline or technological process
- Make a significant contribution to achieving project/program milestones either through leading the project or by being a core team member
- Propose and execute innovative experiments or technical work programs which influence overall program/project direction
- Contribute to solving experimental or highly technical problems of other program/project members
- Lead specialist processes and/or provide direct support to client group or small business unit
- Perform a leadership role for safety, regulatory, compliance or data integrity on behalf of GSK
- We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Masters, PhD, or equivalent practical work experience in relevant discipline (consult manager on equivalent practical work experience in relevant discipline)
- Ability to implement a six-month planning horizon
- Understanding of actives, raw materials and their function and how they are brought together to form a stable, functioning product from prototype evaluation to commercial launch
- Demonstrate communication skills with external key opinion leaders/experts in specific therapeutic areas or scientific disciplines
- Knowledge of related disciplines and how research in formulation should be designed to take account of related disciplines
- Demonstrate good judgment and effective decision making in applying expertise to move multiple scientific or technical projects forward
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top