Sr. Manager, Data Engineering
Are you a Data Engineer professional who thrives in a fast-paced environment? If so, this opportunity as a Manager of Data Engineering could be just the right role for you to explore.
- Lead and develop sustainable data-driven solutions with current cloud and data technologies to meet the needs of our organization and business customers
- Designs production ready end-to-end systems with an eye on the big picture and balance delivering features
- Looks to leverage reusable code modules to solve problems across the team and organization
- Exhibits mastery over multiple domains
- Handles multiple functions / roles for the projects / Agile teams
- Has an intrinsic knowledge of standards and languages
- Looks to leverage and establish standards across the team and organization
- Provides technical guidance to team members
- Understands complex multi-tier, multi-platform systems
- Develops a framework of a significant complexity
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in one or more JVM based technologies (Java, Scala, Kotlin), or Python
- At least 3 years of experience leading the delivery of data-driven and data-informed application development
- At least 3 year of experience in big data (Hadoop / Spark) or fast data (Kafka / MQ) technologies
- At least 3 year of experience in cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud)
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Master's Degree in fields such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science, related discipline or military experience
- Experience with designing and building large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines with data processing frameworks like Storm or Spark
- Experience with recognized industry patterns, methodologies, and techniques
- 5+ years of experience with Relational Database Systems and SQL
- 5+ years of experience with NoSQL implementation (Mongo, Cassandra, etc.) a plus
- 3+ years of experience with UNIX/Linux including basic commands and shell scripting
- 3+ years of experience designing, developing, and implementing ETL
- 3+ years of experience with container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Meso)
- Experience in cultivating a strong engineering culture in an agile dev-ops environment
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigor and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top