Sr. Director, Portfolio Differentiation Strategies - Oncology
Site Name: USA - Massachusetts - Waltham
Posted Date: Jan 17 2020
Would you like to be part of GSK's emerging clinical leadership, with an opportunity to lead development efforts from Discovery through clinical trials? If so, this could be an excellent opportunity to explore.
The Sr. Director, Portfolio Differentiation Strategies will be responsible for developing and executing strategies to drive clinical differentiation of early to mid-stage compounds. The role includes strategic responsibilities with the overall objective of ensuring optimal global registration, access, and launch readiness for assigned compounds.
- Develop and execute strategies and tactics to drive clinical differentiation and insure successful fit to clinic at time of commercial launch, for assigned compounds.
- Integrate an understanding of the evolving role of molecular genetics and personalized medicine to inform and develop new models supporting differentiation for both the initial indication for the compound and other indications to follow.
- Update management on the progress of projects and findings that could impact strategy.
- Leverage his/her understanding of molecular pathways and their relevance in specific disease areas and an in-depth knowledge/awareness of competitive activity and market dynamics of the hematology/oncology marketplace.
- Maintain a strong external focus and engage medical experts.
- Integrate anticipated changes in Policy/Payer/Clinic models, to inform TPP development, and optimal labeling.
- Integrate strategies for compounds that support an overall approach to building a successful Precision Oncology Business model.
- Develop and leverage strong cross-functional collaborations with Global Marketing, Business analytics/market research, Medical Communications, Oncology Scientific Operations, Clinical Development/Medical Affairs, Managed Markets, Global Oncology Development, Regulatory, and Legal.
- Development of communication tools for MSLs and key medical meetings to support pipeline compounds.
- MD or PhD is required
- A high level of fluency with key concepts in drug development, regulatory policy, reimbursement and payer policy, as well as clinical molecular diagnostics is required.
- Background should include strategy, development and/or management of compounds with molecular targets.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, communication and analytical/strategic thinking abilities.
- 25% travel is a required.
- A minimum of 5 years of pharmaceutical industry experience required.
- Minimum 3 years of commercial oncology experience is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience across a broad range of roles including medical or medical science liaison, new products planning, product management, market access, and sales required.
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk, governance and control, managing ambiguity and paradox.
- Managing individual performance.
- Creating a performance culture and driving results, prioritisation, execution, delivering performance.
- Setting strategic direction and leading on-going organisational transformation.
- Building a resilient organisation. Building strong relationships and collaboration in service of common goals, engaging the organisation and building trusted external networks for mutual benefit.
- Managing P&L and capital allocation.
*This is a job description to aide in the job posting, but does not include all job evaluation details.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top