Sr Director, Connectivity Product Owner
- Brentford, United Kingdom
Site Name: UK - London - Brentford, USA - Pennsylvania - Philadelphia
Posted Date: Oct 1 2020
Are you interested in a role that provides senior leadership in all aspects of connectivity, while being responsible for driving the vision, strategy and road-map to deliver and manage connectivity products in support of all GSK locations globally? If so, then this opportunity is for you...
The Sr Director, Connectivity Product Owner is responsible for leading the Operations / Delivery / Engineering / Automation functions of the GSK global network within the Core Tech Enterprise Hosting Services organization. This includes strategy development, technology evaluation and selection, high-level architecture, detailed engineering design of all network and perimeter security technology implementations. Connectivity products and services are global and the foundation for GSK while delivering support 24x7x365. This role will lead a team of 50+ FTE and supplier staff globally and manage project and operational budgets associated to products.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Act as a thought leader, innovator and agent of change to drive the overall network strategy, reference architecture, technology and investment road-map
- Proactively engage with key business and Tech stakeholders to anticipate upcoming demand and collaborate with senior leadership to capture business initiatives and Tech projects that will have an Infrastructure delivery component
- Drive and manage the implementation of a next-generation, software-defined network that supports a highly differentiated set of network and perimeter security products for all technology services across the enterprise
- Set the strategic direction for Connectivity product and service development that achieves differentiation and enhances overall service improvements in line with strategic business goals
- Drive the software defined architecture strategy for Connectivity
- Define and execute initiatives to continuously improve network and perimeter security services. Take input from customer feedback and translate input into action that that improves quality and reduces cycle time/cost.
- Develop and manage relationships with internal and external customers, suppliers and departments to ensure cohesive and collaborative communication
- Lead and mentor a team of high performing individuals, providing development support in alignment with GSK values and expectations; oversee development of succession plans at all levels of organizational responsibilities.
- Develop strategic suppliers to be an extension of the organization, providing elastic support as required
- Drive adoption of a product and agile based mindset and transform ways of working from project-based to that of a product-based organization
- Ensure all products and operations are delivered with quality and in compliance with GSK policies, procedures, standards and external regulatory requirements
- Drive continuous financial performance improvement
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- 15+ years of Tech/IT experience
- 5+ years of Tech/IT experience managing networks globally in a large multi-national organization
- Understanding of regulations that impact the pharmaceutical industry (e.g., GxP, GDPR, Sarbanes Oxley)
- Knowledge of Operational Technology in R&D, manufacturing and distribution center environments
- Experience in implementation of software-defined networks
- Working knowledge of predominant Wireless LAN technologies
- Extensive knowledge in Network Management, Security, MPLS traffic engineering design, configuration, and troubleshooting
- Expert knowledge of networking - LAN, WAN, TCP/IP Protocol suite, IP Addressing, Routing, DNS and VLAN
- Experience in URL filtering, proxies, load balancing, firewall management and current Cisco technologies (software defined)
- Experience in applying security frameworks and standards for infrastructure
- Strong leadership skills and proven ability to communicate and collaborate with different audiences representing various technical disciplines across multiple job levels to achieve results
- Experience managing and building high performing teams
- Ability to lead negotiations and manage vendors and network service providers
- Proven ability to translate business requirements into solutions that map to technology capabilities
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Masters (MS/MA) degree (Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering or related discipline)
- CCIE certification preferred
- CISSP or other Industry Security Related certifications preferred
- Other technical and mgmt. based (ITIL / Agile) certifications preferred
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk, governance and control, managing ambiguity and paradox.
- Managing individual performance.
- Creating a performance culture and driving results, prioritisation, execution, delivering performance.
- Setting strategic direction and leading on-going organisational transformation.
- Building a resilient organisation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration in service of common goals, engaging the organisation and building trusted external networks for mutual benefit.
- Managing P&L and capital allocation.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top