Sr. Continuous Improvement Engineer
- Lincoln, NE
Site Name: USA - Nebraska - Lincoln
Posted Date: Mar 3 2021
Are you energized by the opportunity to enhance your leadership skills and accelerate business performance across manufacturing operations? If so, this GPS Practitioner role could be an exciting opportunity to explore.
As a GPS Practitioner you will implement and drive a continuous improvement mindset / culture and sustain the journey across the site. The will be responsible for ensuring the documentation, archives, training, change control, inspection readiness and engineering standards and requirements are met within the business. You will be responsible for developing the strategy, plans, risk identification & mitigations in alignment with the business ambition.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Support day-to-day deployment of the GPS and performance improvement activities at site. Deliver according to the GPS implementation approach / road map agreed with the Site Director, Regional GPS lead and Site GPS lead.
- Work with line managers to identify and agree the priorities for GPS deployment.
- Own/facilitate the continuous improvement process by understanding the overall needs of the area(s) and ensuring that the right projects are being escalated at the right time.
- Effectively communicate across all levels of the organization from shop floor to senior leaders on and off site to drive and influence the health of GPS
- Support continuous capability development of self and others, developed by the GPS Core team.
- Actively role modeling GPS skills and behaviors.
- Track progress of the team deployment road-map.
- Support/ensure consistency of progress and deployment.
- Coach Site team leaders and operators to develop sustain continuous improvement mindsets and behaviors.
- Provide expert advice on the GPS basics to the Site based on a in depth understanding of GPS.
- Lead GPS activities beyond the capability of the Site Teams.
Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing / Engineering /Quality/ Logistics / Lean / Sigma
- Held a number of positions in a manufacturing environment, covering a broad range of activities and operations (e.g. Production, Engineering, Quality Assurance/Logistics / Safety).
- Demonstrated delivery of improvement initiatives and/or culture change year on year resulting in both financial and non financial benefit, and behavioral change.
- Good level of understanding of Lean / Sigma (Master Black Belt / Black Belt / Green belt- possible).
- Problem solving in the context of site goals
- People change management concepts and practice.
- Training skills.
- Coaching skills. High emotional intelligence. Ability to collaborate and influence others.
- Project planning and execution management.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top