Sr. AI/ML Platform Engineer
- Philadelphia, PA
Site Name: USA - Massachusetts - Waltham, USA - Pennsylvania - Philadelphia, USA - California - San Francisco
Posted Date: Jan 25 2021
At GSK we see a world in which advanced applications of Machine Learning and AI will allow us to develop novel therapies to existing diseases and to quickly respond to emerging or changing diseases with personalized drugs, driving better outcomes at reduced cost with fewer side effects. It is an ambitious vision that will require the development of products and solutions at the cutting edge of Machine Learning and AI. If that excites you, we'd love to chat.
We're looking for a highly skilled Sr. AI/ML Platform Engineer to help us make this vision a reality. Our AI/ML Platform Engineering team is building a first-in-class platform of tools and services covering high-performance computing, ML training services, DevOps, model deployment, and metadata capture; our goal is to decrease AI/ML development/training cycle time and raise the quality bar on AI/ML's shipped services by drastically simplifying the process of AI/ML Engineering. A Sr. AI/ML Platform Engineer should be comfortable turning a vague AI/ML project need into a functional, reusable component of the AI/ML Platform, complete with appropriate metrics, monitoring, and operations.
Competitive candidates will have a proven track record of writing quality, well-documented and well-tested code for services in the AI/ML space. They should be comfortable with modern, cloud-native computing paradigms such as the Docker/Kubernetes/Helm ecosystem, and with high-performance computing on GPUs via frameworks like TensorFlow or PyTorch. They should have a strong sense for the abstractions needed to represent ML processes with little to no tie-in to particular tools in the ever-changing machine learning software ecosystem. Strong candidates will have graduate studies in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrated work experience. Educational or professional background in the biological sciences is a plus but is not necessary.
The AI/ML team is built on the principles of ownership, accountability, continuous development, and collaboration. We hire for the long term, and we're motivated to make this a great place to work. Our leaders will be committed to your career and development from day one.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Graduate studies in Computer Science with a focus on software engineering, high-performance computing, or machine learning.
- Proven experience of work in high-performance computing, DevOps / MLOps, and cloud services
- Experience in the application of best practices for software engineering and high-performance computing in the AI/ML and data spaces, and experience with helping others adopt them via code reviews or similar
- Highly accomplished in software engineering with intermediate to advanced skills in python and experience standing up services.
- In-depth understanding of modern ML platforms and backend systems
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Kubernetes experience in this space is a big plus, as is experience with common systems development languages such as Java, Scala, or Go
- Mentality of commit early and often, metrics before models/services, and shipping high quality production code
- Educational or professional background in the biological sciences is a plus but is not necessary.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top