Sr. AI/ML Engineer (Production)
- San Francisco, CA
Site Name: USA - Massachusetts - Waltham, USA - Pennsylvania - Philadelphia, USA - California - San Francisco
Posted Date: Feb 10 2021
At GSK we see a world in which advanced applications of Machine Learning and AI will allow us to develop transformational medicines using the power of genetics, functional genomics and machine learning. AI will also play a role in how we diagnose and use medicines to enable everyone to do more feel better and live longer. It is an ambitious vision that will require the development of products at the cutting edge of Machine Learning and AI.
We are seeking to grow our team with brilliant and diverse contributors with technical ability. We are looking for machine learning and infrastructure experts that want to be part of a team that discovers new medicines. The role of Senior AI/ML Production Engineer is an exciting opportunity that will stretch your knowledge and curiosity, offering the opportunity to learn new skills and work within a global community.
This is a hands-on position where you will be empowered to be creative, ambitious and bold. Our mission on the AI/ML Platform Engineering team is to provide deep computing expertise, automated workflows, production-grade infrastructure, and helpful tooling to enable the AI/ML team and our partners to solve cutting-edge research problems in the pharma space and translate their solutions into direct impact on the business and on patients. The Production Engineer function embeds directly with AI/ML project teams doing cutting-edge work, serving as the voice of expertise in software engineering, scientific computing at scale, and expert problem-solving.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. As an AI/ML Production Engineer, we'd like you to be able to:
- Embed with AI/ML and data science project teams to provide deep expertise in software engineering, parallel computing, and big data tools
- Drive and teach standards for code, tool use, engineering best practices, etc
- Stand up useful tools such as AutoML (e.g. Uber's Ludwig, autosklearn, ...) and integrate them with metadata-driven training and production deployment workflows
- Help to guide the AI/ML Platform Engineering team's efforts based on first-hand experience on projects using our tools
- Work with partners in data platform, scientific computing, and similar teams to ensure the AI/ML org has the data, computing resources, and workflows/abstractions needed to do our best work.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Advanced Degree (Pure Mathematics or Engineering, Statistics, Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Computational Biology, Computational Chemistry or related quantitative field)
- Expert understanding of Python
- Experience with at least one Deep Learning framework such as TensorFlow, Keras, or PyTorch, including parallelism
- Experience with common big data tools such as Spark
- Experience with professional software development practices such as code standards, code reviews, source control best practices, etc.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively as part of a team to both teach and learn every day
- Exposure to job scheduling systems such as Slurm, YARN, or Kubernetes
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top