Solution Architect - Customer Technologies
- Brentford, United Kingdom
Site Name: UK - London - Brentford
Posted Date: Jan 26 2021
Solution Architect - Customer Technologies
Solution Architect - Customer Technologies
GSK Consumer Health has ambition to be the world's leading pure play Consumer Healthcare company. The relationship between wellness and technology is deepening as a digitally native generation look for new ways to empower themselves and their wellbeing. To win in this dynamic marketplace we must a) serve the needs of our consumers in our local markets better than the competition; b) drive growth and profitability through customer and shopper in and across markets across all channels; c) win in the market to influence experts who help recommend our products to consumers.
The goal for the sales and commercial organization is to drive growth and profitability through customer and shopper in and across markets across all channels, while ensuring consistent and coherent commercial execution, by helping the market manage their business in an efficient and effective way.
With regards to this, we are looking for a Solution Architect to join our Customer Product Family to design products to support our net revenue management and sales activities, with very significant emphasis on trade investment & promotions initially, and future involvement in CRM/SFA design. The role is focused on architecting the complex product and data solutions and their integrations with a variety of supporting systems so we build easy, simple, powerful tools to support our key account managers, NRM specialists, pricing analysts and sales management in planning, executing and evaluating trade investments. In this role you will define the technical strategy, data and system architecture to deliver the desired business outcomes in 100+ markets.
You will have an agile mindset and have the experience of leading concepts and ideas through discovery, design, delivery and in-life phases. This is no easy task and will require proven ability in enterprise architecture or as a design authority so as to unlock significant business value against a backdrop of accelerating digital disruption, organisational change and major initiative, such as our master data management activities.
In turn we promise to create the environment for you to do the very best and rewarding work of your career. The role is rare in that the scope for you to make an impact is very real and you will interface significantly with colleagues across our global company on one of the most commercially significant and high visibility areas within the business. This is an excellent time to be joining a highly successful market leader in the healthcare industry as it develops best-in-class CPG practices, and to drive significant technology change across the organisation.
- Support the product management function with the design and selection of trade investment/planning/analysis tools and related data management and sales tools so as to deliver on the trade investment technology strategy and roadmap, and bring together the multiple projects that impact Trade Investment Management (TIM) from a system & process perspective, in the right order, and with the right internal connections to achieve TIM's strategic goals and initiatives.
- Creation of the overall architecture documentation outlining the solutions relating to TIM across the GSK CH landscape, including building business and data asset catalogs to provide visibility of key assets and their supported systems and data, and highlighting the detailed data interchange currently and in the future between systems supporting TIM capabilities, identifying pain points, inefficiencies and duplication. Help define process and methodology to catalog and govern key business and data assets, as well as build architecture documentation that can be used by current / future projects to identify the impact of system changes across the GSK technology estate
- Build requirements backlog outlining current and future requirements for TIM related systems and risk logs outlining current and future potential risks
- Represent Consumer Healthcare Technology in architecture discussions / decisions across multiple overlapping projects
- Provide guidance / support the governance of technology decisions relating to TIM through establishing a programme governance structure
- Support multiple projects, all having an impact or being impacted by TIM in ensuring alignment and realizing efficiencies across the GSK CH technology estate
- Ensure all products within remit are compliant with internal security, Code & Platform Security, risk management policies and practices, external regulatory and statutory requirements e.g. GxP, SARBOX and that Tech continuity plans are in place for all business-critical products.
- Follow GSK standards on processing and security of data. Follow PII needs and protocols as per GSK Global, regional and local practices.
Why you? Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Experience as a Senior/Chief Architect, in solution architecture
- Solid understanding of trade promotions/investment activities, and commercial and sales business processes, ideally in multiple markets and ideally in markets with different go-to-market models (eg both direct and indirect, modern and general trade) and the systems in use in these areas.
- Solid experience as a Solution Architect within an entrepreneurial and fast-moving environment where working with concepts and inspiring product teams is critical to success
- Proven experience in API Strategy & Implementation, Event Driven Data Centricity and Cloud transition (Hybrid Cloud would be an advantage)
- Experience in architecture definition and technical leadership in a broad range of CPG/FMCG solutions and extensive experience with integration of software solutions in enterprise IT
- Experience with Master Data Management, Planning (Demand Planning, Consensus Forecasts), and Financial Accounting (ECC FI, SD, COPA, O2C) will be a significant advantage
- Experience with data lakes & reporting tools, ideally Azure and PowerBI
- Understanding Security and Data Privacy Standards and Designs
- Ability to work in close partnership with other IT functions such as IT security, compliance, infrastructure, etc. as well as partner closely with business stakeholders in the commercial and digital organizations.
- Able to gain trust with clients and take their projects to the next level
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Great experience as an architect (platform, solutions) with demonstrated expertise in emerging technologies and data technology platforms and management.
- Experience working in Agile Product Teams and conversant with Agile Methodologies and practices in an Enterprise environment.
- Ability to work in close partnership with IT functions such as security, compliance, infrastructure
- Excellent communication & collaboration skills with an ability to gain the respect/buy-in from your stakeholders
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Design or equivalent experience, with weighting on experience and proven track record preferred.
- Experience in CPG/FMCG strongly preferred, or other relevant organisations with significant emphasis on trade promotions and net revenue management.
- Experience with Trade Spend (Promotions, Funds Management, Claims), Predictive Modelling (Baseline calculations, Uplift modelling, Cannibalisation), Post-Event Analysis and Third Party data management will be a strong advantage
Interested in Joining the Team? Please apply via our online portal providing your CV and Cover Letter.
Please ensure you apply before the 10th February 2021 to ensure you're in the running!
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
Why GSK? At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top