Site Operations Manager
- Richmond, VA
Site Name: Richmond Sherwood
Posted Date: Aug 24 2020
Over the past 24 months GSK has significantly changed its business structure and deployed the 3+1 operating model. This coupled with the removal of Core Business Services, has triggered the need to redesign the Worldwide Real Estate & Facilities (WREF) structure to better serve the organisation. In February 2019, WREF commissioned KPMG to review the operational and organisational performance of the department. Insights were taken from interviews and market comparators including 23 internal and external individuals supported by secondary bench marking. The findings from the KMPG review have been used to restructure the department enabling WREF to operate more efficiently and prepare for future changes to GSK PLC. This Job evaluation is to align the wider WREF departments to the new regional structure.
The Site Operations Manager is responsible for the management and delivery of infrastructure and services at the regional or site level, ensuring that these supports and facilitate all business operations. The role will serve as the primary liaison with the businesses at the site level. The infrastructure and services at the site are provided by contract partners, and as such, the Site Operations Manager will ensure effective local governance of contracted relationships.
Specifically, he/she is responsible for the delivery of all site or regional WREF contract provisions and its ongoing development. He/she is accountable for all elements of contract management and the relationship management of site/ regional level internal and external stakeholders.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
- Responsible for the designated service delivery and its ongoing development across the relevant site or region.
- Establish and develop key relationships with senior GSK management and the service providers to enable to successful delivery of cost savings and service level agreements at the site or regional level.
- Responsible for the local contract governance and delivery to ensure value and efficiencies at the site or regional level.
- Identify and/or support the successful delivery of all capital/ revenue projects across the site including infrastructure, business driven, or workplace initiatives by means of third-party resources.
- Ensure uninterrupted delivery of all facility operations to the business through internal, contract and landlord resources.
- Act as key GSK contact with external community, landlord, government, or other agencies at a regional, site or local level.
- Act as a mediator and decision maker in the resolution of disputes associated with delivery of services at the regional and site level.
- Identify opportunities for improved service site level delivery from providers through innovation, technology, and processes.
- Chair, co-chair, or otherwise lead a site level operations team including key stakeholders, business partners, and contract partners.
- Provide guidance, drive, support, and goals for the designated service category teams accountable for delivering services to the local or regional sites.
- Track and monitor performance metrics and indicators for the site or region.
- Report performance and required executive level decisions or interventions to ensure compliance with the contract terms.
- Maintains ethics and compliance values even when potential risk exists.
Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree
- Broad working knowledge of FM with specialist (discipline) knowledge in one area, e.g., Project Mgmt, Operations, etc.
- Displays knowledge of the Research & Development process and understands GxP requirements.
- Financially literate, manages WREF/CBS cost centres, Capex and P&L.
- Outstanding managerial skills and leadership abilities in order to motivate and influence senior GSK executives and managers in a demanding and rapidly evolving environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentational and persuasive skills to successfully interact with managers at all levels and the ability to manage internal relations with site customer base.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with key external contract partners, to deliver appropriate site services in agreement with established contracts.
- Ability to think and act strategically and initiate and engage in long term planning.
- Strong ability to act as a motivator of change.
- Comprehensive awareness of current political developments and emerging external issues.
- Acts as a role model for applying standards to ensure compliance.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top