Site Head, GSK Consumer Health - Lincoln, NE
- Lincoln, NE
As the Site Head for Lincoln, NE you will lead the overall operations of multiple production and development business units.You will have direct accountability for establishing goals and objectives for the multiple Manufacturing, Packaging, Quality Control Testing, Planning and Technology & Development functions. Indirect leadership to Quality Assurance and Compliance and Human Resources.
The Site Head leads the development and implementation of plans and programs to provide equipment and facilities to meet technological and production requirements and to position the site as the preferred global manufacturing site. Implements site-wide efficiency and cost reduction programs. Leads the effort to develop and coordinate high performance teams within the department. Manage budget and resource planning for the department.
The Site Director will lead the Lincoln Leadership Team (LLT) to help develop and approve site strategic plans, policies and objectives.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Develops guidelines and manages results for all operations responsible for producing, monitoring and shipping 100% of all Business Unit products.
- Directly or indirectly manages the following functions:
- Manufacturing - Packaging - Technology & Development
- Quality Assurance - Planning - Compliance
- Quality Control - Project Management - Lean Manufacturing & 6 Sigma
- Analyzes and approves the site's production schedule as it relates to inventories, capacity utilization, work loads, and sales forecasts and provides necessary systems for detailed capacity analysis, analyzes capacity output and approves appropriate short and long term goals.
- Aggressively pursues new business opportunities to maximize plant utilization of assets and people while meeting cost and profit objectives.
- Establishes state-of-the-art equipment, facilities, procedures, practices, and methodologies to conduct needed production operations, development & transfer activities and laboratory testing.
- Displays passion for consumers, customers and leverages business understanding to create a clear competitive advantage.
- Directs the development and implementation of new and transfer products and workflow optimization initiatives, which positively impact the site's P&L, cycle time, productivity and quality of work.
- Prepares annual budgets for departmental responsibilities and control of costs to within budgetary restrains.
- Assures that new or transferred products relating to Lincoln meet quality, cGMP requirements and European Union requirements.
- Reviews and approves Capital Appropriations Requests for new equipment and facilities; reviews and expedites project schedules for new equipment of facility installations and supervises preparation of the pharmaceutical production section of the capital expenditures budget and controls expenditures.
- Accountable for providing a work environment free from recognized hazards and in compliance with all laws, regulations and Novartis HSE guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with local health, safety and environmental legislation and the Novartis Corporate HSE Policies and Guidelines.
- Promote a strong safety culture by modeling safe behaviors and holding self and others accountable for working safely.
- Know, understand and comply with all Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) guidelines
- Report unsafe conditions
- Report all injuries, illnesses and hazardous materials releases
- Wear personal protective equipment
- Attend HSE training programs
- Follow all safe work procedures
Directors, Associate Directors, Managers, Supervisors, Team Leaders
Line management is responsible for providing a work environment free from recognized hazards and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. Specific HSE responsibilities may include:
- Maintain the department's HSE programs and encourage associate involvement.
- Ensure compliance with company guidelines and procedures.
- Report HSE statistical performance of their departments
- Investigate and report on all injuries, illnesses, hazardous materials releases, and near misses.
- Identify and implement corrective actions for findings associated with HSE audits.
- Ensure that employees in their departments receive appropriate HSE training.
- Ensure that adequate engineering controls are instituted and being used to control hazards.
- Ensure that identified administrative controls are being utilized.
- Ensure that associates are trained in emergency procedures.
- Identify and train individuals responsible for performing risk analysis for their areas.
- Provide resources and personnel necessary to conduct HSE activities.
- Facilitate department safety meetings.
- Provide written safety communications to associates.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- B.S. degree in Engineering, Business, Chemistry, Biology or related Science.
- 7+ year's relevant experience in an FDA regulated industry or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1+ years of Director level manufacturing leadership experience
- Experience in Pharmaceutical and OTC products QA/QC experience required
- In depth knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and 6 Sigma for the purpose of enhancing the site's strategic goal of being a global manufacturing site.
- Solid understanding of the E2E supply chain and managing relationships with the markets/distributions
- Expertise in various manufacturing site operations such as Value Stream, Engineering and/or Quality
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- MBA preferred
- Experience working in a large matrix organisation with complex multi-functional relationships
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top