Site Electrical and Compliance Engineer
- Newbury, United Kingdom
Site Name: UK - Berkshire - Maidenhead
Posted Date: Sep 18 2020
In this position, you will be responsible for managing the safety, compliance and performance of all electrical systems and infrastructure at GSK Maidenhead. This includes design, maintenance and operation, whilst conforming to Statutory and Corporate health, safety and environmental standards. You will focus specifically on electrical infrastructure, providing expert knowledge in the fields of electrical power, infrastructure, instrumentation and control.
Our Consumer Healthcare manufacturing centre in Maidenhead is one of the most advanced operations of its kind in the world. Dedicated to the production of Oral Healthcare brands such as Sensodyne, Aquafresh & Macleans we produce in excess of 1 million units of toothpaste and mouthwash per day for markets across the globe. The successful candidate will hold considerable responsibility across HV and LV. As a member of the above-site specialist network for electrical compliance and safety, you will need to develop excellent relationships with experts across the business.
This role is primarily responsible for the infrastructure of the site, meaning that we are looking for candidates with that experience (including those coming from other industries such as construction), as opposed to those who have experience specific to manufacturing lines and equipment.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Building and maintaining a robust electrical safety management program for the site, and participating in above-site networks.
- Leading the site Utilities electrical maintenance programme.
- Supporting the Global Head of Electrical Engineering in electrical programme development.
- Providing expert services in the field of electrical power, instrumentation and control.
- Management of minor works for safety, efficiency and cost saving projects.
- Assisting with the selection of contractors and suppliers, to ensure that goods and services meet GSK standards and the sites performance objectives.
- Advising on the application of best practice techniques to improve electrical performance.
- Contributing to the development and delivery of electrical safety training programmes for the site.
- Manage and oversee medium voltage switching operations on site.
- Leading electrical infrastructure lifecycle and investment strategy.
- Developing and implementing electrical policy and procedures, covering intervention with electrical systems by engineering staff (GSK and contractors).
- Being conversant with applicable electrical standards regarding selection, installation, operations and maintenance of electrical equipment.
- Working collaboratively with project engineers to assure appropriate electrical standards are included in packaged equipment specifications.
- Maintaining electrical system documentation such as drawings and asset records, including SAP maintenance records.
To deliver results in this position will require considerable technical knowledge and experience, as well as strong interpersonal skills. You will need to build excellent relationships on site, facilitating success through influencing and networking. You will need to work well in a team, and show personal accountability, whilst also driving your individual targets.
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Minimum HNC or equivalent in Electrical Engineering
- Significant experience of Electrical Infrastructure
- Demonstrated excellent decision-making skills
- Demonstrated Project Leadership experience
- Strong understanding of electrical maintenance techniques and their relevance to asset performance
- Liaising with and drawing upon specialist electrical engineering services as required
- Experience in switching medium voltage equipment accompanied by a recognised switching and operations qualification.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Degree qualified in Electrical Engineering
- Significant experience of Electrical Engineering on a Manufacturing Site
- Experience in a related industry such as FMCG, FMCH, Pharma
- Hands on experience of continuous improvement projects
- Understanding of selection and maintenance of electrical equipment in hazardous areas
- COMPEX 14
- Incorporated or Chartered Engineer status
- City & Guilds course - AP15
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process. If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class(US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email email@example.com
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top