Site Director - GSK's Consumer Health
- Albany, NY
Site Name: USA - New York - Oak Hill
Posted Date: Jul 17 2020
Site Director - GSK's Consumer Health
Location: East Durham, NY - "Oak Hill"
As Site Director is a Sr. Director level role where you will lead the overall operations of multiple production and development business units. You will have direct accountability for establishing goals and objectives for the multiple Manufacturing, Packaging, Quality Control Testing, Planning and Technology & Development functions. Indirect leadership to Quality Assurance and Compliance and Human Resources.
Our Oak Hill site has ambitious site improvement plans therefore, requires someone with experience in continuous improvement/change management, process simplification, data integrity and the impact this has on our compliance. All this combined with culture and creating a consumer mindset to ensure our customers are at the center of our decisions and changes.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Develop guidelines and manage results for all operations responsible for producing, monitoring and shipping 100% of all Business Unit products.
- To set the vision and strategy for the site aligned with the CH/GMS & GSK strategy
- Coordinate and direct production and technical/support functional activities on Site toward achievement of goals
- Ensures alignment of the Site with the Supply Chain, Category and GSK through timely and interactive communication
- Manage the interface between Sites and with rest of the organisation (Corporate and Commercial)
- Proactively manages risk inherent in production and Site operations to ensure supply continuity to GSKs Commercial business and compliance with stakeholders needs
- Ensure all trading service agreements are properly managed
- Implement QMS in all parts of the Site
- Identify and implement quality audits and self-inspections
- Ensure the timely implementation of all recommendations arising from all audits
- Ensure all staff on Site are trained to the standards required in our QMS/Site policies
- Drive the adoption of a RFT/quality culture across the Site
- Ensure Site compliance with all Health and Safety, Environmental, Quality and Regulatory requirements
- Implement programmes to ensure safe working practices, and health of the workforce
- To lead, train, develop and motivate Site Leadership and employees towards the pursuit of operational excellence and attainment of efficient Good Manufacturing Practice
- Manage employee relations through effective performance management and labour relations excellence
- To develop and deliver the financial budgets in compliance with financial standards
- Managing Site business performance through the establishment of a number of Governance Boards, chairing - EHS Council, Risk Management, and Strategy Deployment
- Management and delivery of change initiatives involving processes, technologies and people which contribute to the overall effective improvement of the site as defined by our strategy
- Represents the face of GSK to external bodies, customers, and local community within region/country, also has legal responsibilities e.g. safety, and environmental
- Interface with all staff across the Site
- Interface with HSE, EA and External Quality/Food Safety authorities
- Network across CH and GMS, with particular focus on customers, supply chain functions and category
- Member of CH SC Team
- Minimum of 3 years' previous experience operating at Site Director level
- Experience of leading a large Site Leadership Team
- Previous experience of operating within at least one other SLT role e.g. Technical Lead, Quality Lead, Operations Lead or Engineering Lead
- Masters qualified (preferably MBA)
- Substantial Senior Management experience within manufacturing and supply chain environment
- Experience of working at a pharmaceutical, Consumer Health or FMCG (Food) site
- Technical background with experience of working in/leading a production team
- Proven record of achievement in a rapidly changing manufacturing environment
- Previous experience of working within a highly regulated and quality-controlled environment
- Extensive knowledge of budgeting, capital project development, logistics and compliance regulations related to FDA, OSHA, EPA and EEO
- Strong team leader with demonstrable experience of developing High Performing Teams
- Significant and successful experience of managing and implementing Lean Management (or equivalent) processes
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Demonstrated alignment with the GSK Values and evidence of delivery the GSK expectations
- Broad business understanding and experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of management in a culturally diverse, international environment
- Must possess Change management skills and drive continuous improvement
- Proven track record of identifying and delivering goals and providing coordination of efforts for various cross-functional business units to reach successful implementation of domestic and global projects (R&D, PDD, Commercial, etc.)
- Demonstrable ability to influence upwards and to set strategic plans and direction for change programs and then foster collaboration at all levels to deliver the targets.
- Leadership strengths and the ability to translate vision into action plans and then be accountable to deliver the plan
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top