Shopper Marketing Manager - CVS (Providence, RI)
- North Kingstown, RI
Site Name: USA - Rhode Island - Rhode Island
Posted Date: Nov 27 2018
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company on a mission: we want to help people do more, feel better, live longer. GSK has a heritage that goes back more than 160 years, producing some of the world's best-loved healthcare brands including: Sensodyne, Tums, Theraflu, Nicorette / Nicoderm, Flonase, Excedrin. These brands are successful in more than 100 countries, reflecting our passion for quality, backed by science.
GSK Shopper Marketing is undergoing a Digital Transformation - in how we conceive and implement digital media strategies. We are also transforming ourselves by accelerating our own capabilities, so we are fit-for-purpose media practitioners leveraging data to reach our shoppers along the consumer experience journey and throughout the omni-channel path to purchase.
At GSK, Shopper Marketing (SM) is a collaborative discipline that leads the development of insight-based and equity-driven shopper strategy, delivers growth and provides mutual benefits to the both the shopper and the retailer and GSK.
Driven by GSK's Digital Transformation, our purpose is to create meaningful connections that make our brands indispensable to shoppers and retailers, ultimately elevating our retail relationships and driving mutual growth
- Location: Providence, RI
- Responsible for delivering GSK's annual benchmarks: Net Sales, Share, Profit
- Leverage disruptive thinking and analytics to develop insight driven digital / shopper marketing programs which drive omni-channel category growth and amplify the brand message at retail. This role must stay abreast of the latest shopper trends, retailer strategies and determine the appropriate approach to optimize return on investment and drive mutual growth for retailers and GSK.
- Leads development and execution of customized Shopper Marketing strategy in partnership with the customer, cross-functional team and agency partners.
- Leads agency briefing and manages all aspects of program development and execution, ensuring ideas are developed into high impact and cost-effective campaigns
- Drive GSK's Innovation pipeline with the Retailer as a key strategic JBP partner
- Leverages brand, consumer, shopper and retailer insights and trends to develop shopper engagement strategies for innovation, media-to-shelf, portfolio, and customer programs to engage and convert shoppers during the moments that matter
- Creates programs, which enable a long-lasting change in shopper attitude and behavior, unlocking category growth and brand equity growth for GSK.
- Analyze, summarize and communicate program impact, lessons learned, and incorporates learning into future programs
- Lead customer specific Shopper Marketing strategy
- Own strategy and activation across the GSK portfolio of products - 20+ brands at (two) top GSK customers
- Annual budget management, with consideration of the retail partner P&L, ROI implications and strategic benchmarks.
- Drive sales and consumption through brand-specific activations & category-driving platforms.
- Partner with Customer Strategy/Insights to understand new opportunities to drive growth with a foundation in the Shopper Purchase Journey
- Oversee agency team, managing deadlines and ensuring flawless execution
- Build customized 360-degree campaigns for Tier-1 launches
- Actively engage in customer meetings with merchandising, marketing, e-comm and loyalty teams
- Steer high-visibility projects, presenting with confidence to CVS & GSK senior management
- Design and conduct research within GSK Shopper Science Lab that challenge and enhance CVS strategies
- Advance GSK digital innovation by testing new media partners and understanding industry trends
- Champion the appropriate and effective use of the Visual Brand Language across all in store, omni channel and online retailer elements of the marketing activation plan
- Define campaign KPIs by incorporating measurement to determine ROI and influence future activations
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 5+ years marketing experience CPG, Shopper Marketing Agency, Digital Marketing Agency, Media Agency
- CPG Experience with understanding of Retail Landscape; CVS or Kroger account knowledge a plus
- Has a visionary, strategic mindset and a "can do" attitude; recognizing and capitalizing on growth opportunities for brand and retailer categories.
- Expertise in Digital Marketing, Analytics and Measurement
- On the forefront of Media, Digital and Omnichannel trends (including Ecomm, Mobile, Social, SEO / SEM, Analytics)
- Capable of independently leading commercial innovation
- Ability to multi-task with excellent project management skills
- Strategic Joint Business Planning, both short term (1yr) and long-term (3-5 yr visionary planning)
- Understanding of Shopper Marketing Agency processes
- MBA preferred
- Experience in a consumer healthcare environment preferred
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top