Service Strategy Senior Manager
- Bangalore, India
Site Name: India - Karnataka - Bengaluru
Posted Date: Jul 21 2020
GSK is one of the world's foremost pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, and we are proud to be part of an industry that improves the lives of others. We are embarking on a significant transformation journey that will support GSK in becoming a top-quartile data-enabled organisation.
This is an exciting time to join GSK. The world of master data management is changing, and it is no longer just about managing data. You will be part of a team that is building a robust master data management framework and service, that will allow GSK to drive higher value by placing data at the core of their strategic and operational decisions. We will be embracing new data technology that will improve the development, manufacture, and distribution of GSK's vital products to patients and consumers around the world.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following.
- Responsible for the Master Data Management (MDM) and communication strategy as agreed by the senior leadership team. Help assure the alignment with the broader business strategy
- Support the planning and management of budgets within the MDM organisation
- Document and stay updated on MDM governance processes as agreed by the senior leadership team and help communicate and implement these across the MDM organisation. Maintain a list of data owners for all data objects and escalate any gaps.
- Document and keep updated the roles, responsibilities, interaction and ways of working required within the MDM organisation in agreement with senior leadership team
- Ensure all the resources within the MD organisation are effectively and efficiently utilised so that the best value is delivered to the business in the areas of quality, control and costs
- Support data community networks, data governance, data forums and other meetings (as required). Provide continued visibility to key stakeholders on how MDM is delivering value to the business.
- Contribute to the strategy around the MDM Target Operating Model (TOM), and MDM components such as data dictionary, data models, data catalogue, data standardisation requirements and planning.
- Responsible for the development of Data Business Architecture.
- Accountable for recharging of services provided by the MDM organisation
- Deliver prioritisation of projects in the delivery pipeline
- Be proactive in supporting the in-house talent and identify learning and development opportunities for MDM team
We are looking for professionals with these skills to achieve our goals. If you have them, we would like to speak to you.
- You will have experience in delivering a service strategy for an Enterprise MDM division, including managerial responsibilities for the MDM function and a global team
- Experience in TOM design and governance
- Proven track record of supporting strategy development and management in a complex organisation
- Experience in ownership and control of data dictionary at an enterprise level
- You will have proficient strategic-thinking, MDM knowledge, process improvement, staff development, change management and interpersonal skills
- Good understanding of data models, master data standards and processes, in addition to MDM tools & technology
- Strong knowledge and experience of master data compliance regulations in a global organization, ideally within a Consumer/Healthcare/Pharma industry
Why GSK? Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance and trust.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
It has come to our attention that the names of GlaxoSmithKline or GSK or our group companies are being used in connection with bogus job advertisements or through unsolicited emails asking candidates to make some payments for recruitment opportunities and interview. Please be advised that such advertisements and emails are not connected with the GlaxoSmithKline group in any way.
GlaxoSmithKline does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection with recruitment with any GlaxoSmithKilne (or GSK) group company at any worldwide location. Even if they claim that the money is refundable.
If you come across unsolicited email from email addresses not ending in gsk.com or job advertisements which state that you should contact an email address that does not end in "gsk.com", you should disregard the same and inform us by emailing email@example.com, so that we can confirm to you if the job is genuine.
Back to top