Site Name: India - Karnataka - Bengaluru
Posted Date: Nov 7 2019
- Minimum Professional Experience:
- 12+ years having worked as a Service Manager
- Strong problem-solving skills required, often in high-pressure situations
- Proven experience of working in global 247 Operations
- Experienced in influencing large teams of resources providing services in a matrix environment
- Experience of managing transitions from Projects into support
- Operating a disciplined and logic work style in a high intensity support organisation with constantly changing and competing high priorities
- Provide excellent reporting to all levels within organisation and excellent stakeholder management experience (up to and including SVP)
- Strong understanding and experience of ITIL-based service management practices.
- Pharmaceutical or other regulated industry experiences.
- Working knowledge of Agile framework.
- Graduate in related discipline or equivalent experience.
- ITIL Certified to Foundation level
- ITIL certified to expert level
- Six Sigma Certification or Agile would be added advantage
- Accountable for providing best in class 247 production support meeting SLA requirements
- Manage the service to SLA ensuring Voice of Customer is positive (
- Implement continuous service improvements
- Hold programme teams accountable for delivering supportable solutions that shall not put production availability at risk. Provide feedback to programme teams on the quality of delivery, influencing programme delivery designs and plans.
- Accountable for providing services to projects and users
- Manage key Senior stakeholders (Business and IT)
- Provide a service to project teams to manage service transition with particular focus on stabilizing operations after go lives.
- Provide ongoing service improvements to improve service operations
- Planning downtime of the service and negotiating this with service providers and the business. Managing associated communications for this.
- Accountable for managing relationships with service providers
- Drive performance of services delivered by service providers to meet SLA requirements. Partner up with service provider service management resources to develop their capabilities ensuring they can manage stakeholders
- Embrace and implement ITIL compliant process. Review best in class industry processes with view to implementing applicable ones within GSK environments
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
It has come to our attention that the names of GlaxoSmithKline or GSK or our group companies are being used in connection with bogus job advertisements or through unsolicited emails asking candidates to make some payments for recruitment opportunities and interview. Please be advised that such advertisements and emails are not connected with the GlaxoSmithKline group in any way.
GlaxoSmithKline does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection with recruitment with any GlaxoSmithKilne (or GSK) group company at any worldwide location. Even if they claim that the money is refundable.
If you come across unsolicited email from email addresses not ending in gsk.com or job advertisements which state that you should contact an email address that does not end in "gsk.com", you should disregard the same and inform us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, so that we can confirm to you if the job is genuine.