- Bangalore, India
Site Name: India - Karnataka - Bangalore
Posted Date: Dec 20 2019
Are you looking to expand your technical expertise in data recovery in a global environment that allows you to keep pace with the speed of change? At GSK, we are transforming how new technologies are used to improve performance across the organization.
- Demonstrated experience within offshore environment and working with offshore vendors.
- Demonstrated success in Managing IT services and projects to meet the needs of business within agreed SLAs, time and budget.
- Demonstrated up to date knowledge of service operations policies, processes, procedures for service delivery, and reporting procedures. In particular, the applications and continuous improvement of ITIL processes.
- Demonstrates an understanding of service definition and process improvement methodologies
- Can demonstrate client management skills having the ability to drive outcomes & manage client expectations
- Good understanding of business area strategic goals, processes and workflow, and of the IT tools deployed in support.
- Is familiar with the concepts, standards, technology, tools, processes, procedures, hardware, software and services in use for delivering information services.
- Good communication and presentation skills with the capability to listen and influence stakeholders at all Levels
- Ability to make appropriate technical decisions, initiating action to resolve operational issues.
- Will be responsible for the day to day support, compliance, maintenance, lifecycle management and planning of data extracts from a variety of applications.
- The service owner will be working and interacting directly with all Tech groups (Tech Business Partners, EIS, Tech Delivery & Support), business owners/users, external product vendors, data vendors, and offshore support suppliers; setting and monitoring service levels and conducting service reviews with all areas.
- Responsible for identification and execution of service improvements that will lead to lower cost of ownership for GSK. The service owner will be responsible for the management and remediation of any audit or compliance findings per GSK standards (Sarbox, WADs, Security, GxP, etc)
- Provides the linkage of technology and business process understanding to quickly restore service, including the creation of facile and creative workarounds, as necessary across 2-3 business processes/services and associated applications (5-15+ applications), supporting large user populations, across multiple business units/geographies), or support business critical processes.
- Participates in troubleshooting in applications across multiple technology domains and business areas. Negotiate with relevant parties in respect of disruptions & major amendments to the provision of services
- Ensures accurate and easy processes are followed to ensure ongoing continuity of knowledge including:
- Application dependencies (across applications, hardware)
- How applications support the business process
- Service Designs and commitments, including how well the applications perform against the service designs
- Recommends improvements to these processes to simplify approach across all of Application Services.
- Lead and champion continuous improvements that improve end-user experience, reduce risk and/or lower the cost of ownership of the overall business process/service on an ongoing basis.
- Liaison with vendors to ensure support services is maintained
- Responsible for ensuring that the GSK Standard Processes are applied and adhered to including embedding and adopting standard ways of working in accordance with AS Quality Risk and Compliance policies.
- Ensuring agreed transition processes and schedules are followed to ensure successful introduction of new services or versions of existing services.
- Monitor service performance against SLAs and produce service reports and escalate as required for business-critical impact.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
It has come to our attention that the names of GlaxoSmithKline or GSK or our group companies are being used in connection with bogus job advertisements or through unsolicited emails asking candidates to make some payments for recruitment opportunities and interview. Please be advised that such advertisements and emails are not connected with the GlaxoSmithKline group in any way.
GlaxoSmithKline does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection with recruitment with any GlaxoSmithKilne (or GSK) group company at any worldwide location. Even if they claim that the money is refundable.
If you come across unsolicited email from email addresses not ending in gsk.com or job advertisements which state that you should contact an email address that does not end in "gsk.com", you should disregard the same and inform us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, so that we can confirm to you if the job is genuine.
Back to top