- Guildford, United Kingdom
Site Name: UK - Surrey - Weybridge
Posted Date: Apr 23 2020
GSK is looking for a Senior Toxicologist to contribute medical/scientific excellence and, as required, project-based leadership of Toxicology and associated nonclinical activities across the global GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare (GSKCH) organisation.
The role will serve as a resource of scientific excellence, dedicated to delivering professional high-quality toxicological expertise to ensure the safety of all new and existing GSKCH products. Interacting with internal teams, such as Category, Category Medical, Regional Medical, Clinical Development and GSK Pharma teams, as well as external groups and individuals, such as Trade Associations, Academic researchers, Contract Research Organisations, Health Care Practitioners, Government agencies, and Health Care Organisations to help achieve company objectives and to build GSKCH reputation.
The role will have accountability for and oversight of the following activities with the complexity of multiple stakeholders, different Regions and Local Operating Companies with complex governance and business expectations:
- Escalation of all toxicology issues affecting the GSKCH business to Toxicology Director
- Ensures effective and timely communication of key safety issues, scientific information and risk assessments for those categories/ sub-categories they have responsibility
- Implement planning, monitoring and reporting of toxicology studies.
- Support the implementation and compliance of the corporate animal testing policy and associated GSKCH operating procedures in conduct of animal research.
- Collate, summarise and interpret toxicological and other relevant data to be used either internally or to be submitted to regulatory authorities.
- Represent and/or provide oversight for GSKCH business on key industry initiatives related to toxicology and/or animal welfare issues. Specifically Trade Association groups (e.g. CTPA, PCPC, CHPA, Cosmetics Europe) and industry alliances to provide expert advice in support of business interests and act as focal point for communication with relevant therapeutic categories/businesses.
- Assist in the management of project-related spend
- Extensive experience in preclinical pharmacology and toxicology in the CRO or pharmaceutical industry.
- Expertise in assay development, ADME, preclinical pharmacology and toxicology.
- Knowledge of cosmetic development requirements, medical devices and drugs will be an advantage.
- Proven track record of research ability and independent academic thought is required.
- Basic competency in management of all major types of regulatory toxicology studies, particularly a detailed knowledge of the principles of in vitro toxicology and a strong understanding of the cosmetics/drug development process is critical. Experience with specific product categories and/or therapeutic areas is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience of preclinical data requirements and regulatory guidelines (EU and rest of the world Cosmetic Directives) would be preferred.
- Proven experience in preclinical toxicology. Proven ability to manage preclinical studies.
- Well-organised, able to review and monitor work conducted by others, especially at contractors/partners.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class(US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GSK's Employees
JasdeepSenior Manager, Corporate Services Procurement - Digital & Tech
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top