Senior Tech Business Analyst (Data Governance & Strategy)
- Brentford, United Kingdom
Site Name: UK - London - Brentford
Posted Date: Jan 26 2021
Senior Tech Business Analyst (Data Governance & Strategy)
Fixed Term Contract - End Data June 2022
GSK Consumer Healthcare (CH) is hiring a Senior Tech Business Analyst to be part of the Data Governance and Strategy Team. The key focus of this role is design of the operating model for the new CH Master Data management (MDM) Organisation. All work will be completed in the context of the broader transition effort, requiring interaction with a broad range of stakeholders, both technical and business.
- Engage, manage, and work with a wide range of business and technical stakeholders to understand and document As-Is state (where extant) for MDM with a focus on the people and process aspects.
- Design of the To-Be operating model for the MDM organisation.
- Understand the impacts of the MDM tool selected, and subsequent solution architected, to any proposed operating model and ensure that the operating model is designed accordingly.
- Work with key stakeholders in areas of high entanglement to understanding existing capabilities provided to CH regarding MDM, and map this in detail to the new CH MDM organization to ensure there are not any gaps.
- Engage with other resources in order to support design of the off-shore component of the MDM operating model.
- Work with procurement on setting up new vendor contracts for data maintenance support, ensuring that these are set up in a timely manner.
- Engage with stakeholders from other parts of the business to understand and document touchpoints and agree ways of working.
- Identify, understand and document key dependencies with the broader CH transition programme.
- Build detailed transition plan from as-is to separation through to end-state, ensuring all key interdependencies are accounted for, and risk is appropriately mitigated to ensure Day 1 readiness
- Ensure ongoing alignment with MDM Programme Manager to ensure key separation milestones are met
- Demonstrate a logical, rigorous, and analytical problem-solving approach, focussing on actionable and pragmatic recommendations.
- Be a member of a growing team; help define and influence team culture & environment.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Prior experience of designing MDM Governance Organisations in large, complex organizations - ideally CPG / CH.
- Detailed understanding gained from previous work or projects of MDM, in particular how this operates in business as usual in a multi-country, multi-function implementation.
- Detailed understanding of Master Data Governance.
- Experience of working on projects or programmes with a strong data focus.
- Experience in working in a data-heavy environment and/or on data-focussed projects or programmes.
- Ability to analyse complex business processes, synthesize for leadership, and translate into details for technical teams.
- Analytical problem-solving approach.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage an array of information and collaborate with others to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and interpersonal communication skills, while working independently
- Able to serve as a liaison between both business and technical teams to drive effective, timely solutions
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience in working in the delivery of a large, complex programme, given CH Separation context
- Understanding of how different operating model designs work in practice, to explain to key stakeholders.
Please apply via our online portal providing your CV and Cover Letter.
Please ensure you apply before the 10th February 2021 to ensure you're in the running!
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumersTech
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top