Senior Supply Chain Specialist
- King of Prussia, PA
Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - King of Prussia
Posted Date: Aug 5 2020
Are you looking for an opportunity to help identify, define, shape, and quantify specific project opportunities that drive business improvement? As a Senior Supply Chain Specialist, you will have the opportunity to facilitate the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace, create alignment in performance metrics to optimize service to customers and stakeholders, and project manage two or more Supply Chain and Manufacturing G&O per year.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career.These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Support the Supply Chain team by providing Project Management and Risk Assessment service for key initiatives to progress the Clinical and Pre-Clinical Biopharm Supply Chain, including continuous improvement projects, GMP compliance, and ERP systems.
- Implement and maintain metrics in support of Supply Chain and Manufacturing KPIs
- Manage change controls and quality investigations
- Provide support for secondary manufacture planning and material planning and procurement activities
- Progress Risk Assessments as required to support the Supply Chain
- Assist with local audit readiness activities for Supply Chain areas
- Assist with procurement and sourcing of materials in support of biopharm manufacturing.
- Contribute to development of SOPs, material specifications and reports
- GMPO point person for metrics programs and delivery of metrics to appropriate review council (huddle, Tier 1, 2, 3 Quality Council, etc.)
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor of Science in a technical field with a minimum of five years relevant experience or a MS in a technical field with minimum of three years relevant experience
- Experienced in cGMP and relevant regulatory requirements
- Experience with COMET, SAP, and other software used to manage inventories and supply chain planning that support a Bulk Drug Substance supply chain
- Experience in building, managing, and achieving results from matrix teams
- Experience in a manufacturing operation
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Strong, proven interpersonal, managerial skills. Solid team player able to function within team based organization.
- Understanding of the Clinical and Pre-Clinical supply chain.
- Demonstrated project management experience, leading cross-department team members and efficiently coordinating activities with both internal and external customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to the organization within and outside area of immediate responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to use data or process analysis to analyze and resolve issues and implement corrective actions.
- Strong math and analytical skills. Any prior background in Operational Excellence, problem solving, Six Sigma, and statistical analysis would be beneficial.
- Ability to encourage candid dialogue, question effectively, clarify information, analyze problems and situations, and provide and accept positive and constructive feedback.
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets; statistical, graphic, and project management software; quality systems and databases.
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top