Senior Specialist - Downstream Process Development Microfluidics & Small-Scale
- Wavre, Belgium
Site Name: Belgium-Rixensart
Posted Date: Oct 13 2020
- You will be responsible for the design and execution of purification experiments in a large variety of R&D projects (DNA, proteins, polysaccharides, viral vector).
- You will implement high-throughput and robotic technologies towards automation of purification experiments (liquid handlers, TECAN & Hamilton systems).
- You will develop modelling capability and Process Analytical Technologies (PAT) for accelerating purification towards online analytics and in-silico process development.
- You will investigate microfluidics and continuous alternatives for purification process steps, targeting low footprint, continuous and modular process development.
- You will report the results in a comprehensive form after statistical interpretation and extensive quality check of the raw data. You will also suggest improvements and offer perspective for further developments.
- Your responsibility will also include writing experimental procedures and scientific reports, prepares and presents scientific data, defend scientific and technical decisions at the appropriate technical board, etc.
- You will make sound scientific and technical decisions based on a balance of data, analysis and experience.
- You will ensure proper transfer of purification processes and in-process assays to internal or external partners such as Scale-up, Clinical Manufacturing, etc.
- You will ensure proactive scientific/technology watch within your own competency domain.
- You will provide scientific and technical leadership in your own area of expertise and spread knowledge across the whole organization, also supporting other vaccine projects upon needs.
- You will improve the process of understanding and control to meet the growing requirement by Regulatory Authorities through capability building.
- You might also be responsible for the technical follow-up of external collaborations.
Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Ph.D. in sciences or equivalent acquired through professional experience (Chemistry, Biochemistry or Biotechnology orientation), Bio-Engineering degree, Master's Degree in (Bio)-Chemistry or Biology.
- Solid experience in purification process development (at least 4 to years in Biopharma related domain).
- Demonstrated knowledge and competency in the specific area of the purification and analysis of biologic material such as DNA, proteins, polysaccharides, viral vectors.
- Experience in PAT and high-throughput technologies & automated equipment (recipe setup and execution) for the purification process.
- Experience with liquid handler robots (TECAN, Hamilton).
- Experience in Project Management.
- Good understanding of Biopharma / Vaccine development processes as well as knowledge of analytical techniques for biological material.
- Good stakeholder management and excellent communication skills are necessary to meet needed mindset and behavioral changes that will be required by the business.
- Fluent in spoken and written English a must. French and/or Italian a plus.
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics it would be a plus:
- Experience in technology transfer and scale-up of drug substance processes is a plus.
- Relevant experience in data interpretation and utilization, knowledge of applied statistics is an asset.
- Understanding of operations & GMP manufacturing is an asset.
- Ability to influence and negotiate at all levels of the organization in order to meet objective or deliverable.
- Team spirit and a positive attitude.
- Autonomy, scientific rigor, analytical mindset.
- Good organization skills (day-to-day operations and lab management).
- Ability to drive change.
- Flexible thinking and be open-minded.
- Strong networking skills and have scientific curiosity.
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork in a culture of Innovation, Performance and Trust.
GSK Vaccines- Our Vaccines business has a broad portfolio and innovative pipeline of vaccines to protect people of all ages. We deliver over two million vaccine doses per day to people living in over 160 countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com .
Patient-focused Research and Development (R&D) is the heart of our business. Our R&D department seeks to discover and develop new vaccines, to protect against diseases where vaccines are not yet available and to improve on those vaccines that already exist. Part of our R&D programme targets diseases particularly prevalent in the developing world, including the World Health Organisation's three priority diseases - HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria. Research into candidate vaccines for other diseases of the developing world, such as dengue are at an earlier stage of development.
When it comes to developing the vaccines of the future, we're looking for real experts in their respective fields who are interested in working in the stimulating environment of an international healthcare company.
We emphasise the value of teamwork and we look for people ready to share our values of transparency, respect, integrity and patient focus.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another and know their work makes an important contribution.
We provide a supportive working environment and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best.
If you have a disability and require assistance during the course of the selection process, you will have the opportunity to let us know what specific assistance you require in order to make suitable arrangements.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top