Senior Specialist - Automation Engineer
- Wavre, Belgium
Site Name: Italy - Siena, Belgium-Rixensart
Posted Date: Nov 12 2020
This position can be based in Rixensart - Belgium OR Siena - Italy.
As the Senior Specialist - Automation Engineer, you are expected to provide robotics engineering support with the primary objective of developing automated processes and analytical methods relying on the usage of robotic technologies.
- You will be responsible for driving the transformation of Drug Substance development towards task automation and robotic control.
- You will establish new automation applications for our existing platforms (e.g. TECAN, Hamilton and AmbR).
- You will drive the system integration of separated pieces of equipment in a controlling unit relying on PAT (Process Analytical Technology)/sensors.
- You will collaborate with Scientists to translate existing manual procedures into automated workflows integrating new assets on automation platforms, ensuring optimal efficiency & performance.
- You will develop performance and qualification procedures for the maintenance of automation platforms.
- You will define and follow continuous improvement for the lifecycle of automated systems, including system troubleshooting and upgrade.
- You will develop introductory equipment training packages and train equipment users on key concepts associated with the robotic platforms to support best-practice and mitigate avoidable run failures, ensuring optimal routine operation.
- You will establish and maintain strong relationships with vendor application specialists.
- You will stay up to date regarding new developments in the field of laboratory automation and inhouse new standards.
- You will help develop best-practice and facilitate knowledge sharing between automation SME's at GSK within Technical R&D as well as equivalent based in other functions outside of Technical R&D (QC, MSAT, Clinical Laboratory Studies, Preclinical, Pharma, etc.)
Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Master's degree in Electro-Mechanic Engineering, Process Automation, Robotics or related field with 5+ years of experience.
- Min 5 years' experience in lab instrument support or in process automation preferably in the Biopharma industry is required.
- Expertise in Commissioning and Validation of automation systems.
- Understanding of device networking and communications protocols.
- Extensive experience writing protocols in Evoware & Venus software.
- Experience in installing & servicing large integrated systems.
- Experience with PAT and automated control units.
- Influencing skills & bringing people on board is essential for you to be able to drive the transformation of Drug Substance development towards automated processes.
- Proficiency in English is a MUST & French/ Italian are a Plus.
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics it would be a plus:
- Must have the ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment and communicate effectively.
- Optimistic mindset.
- Easy social networking/ interfacing.
- Have the skills & capacity to train others and be able to translate complex material into "simple" content for day-to-day use by the Scientists.
- The ability to effectively work and perform within a team of related platform staff is essential.
- Must have the ability to work with cross-functional teams and communicate effectively.
- Have the capacity to coordinate a small group to implement studies from development projects.
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork in a culture of Innovation, Performance and Trust.
GSK Vaccines- Our Vaccines business has a broad portfolio and innovative pipeline of vaccines to protect people of all ages. We deliver over two million vaccine doses per day to people living in over 160 countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com .
Patient-focused Research and Development (R&D) is the heart of our business. Our R&D department seeks to discover and develop new vaccines, to protect against diseases where vaccines are not yet available and to improve on those vaccines that already exist. Part of our R&D programme targets diseases particularly prevalent in the developing world, including the World Health Organisation's three priority diseases - HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria. Research into candidate vaccines for other diseases of the developing world, such as dengue are at an earlier stage of development.
When it comes to developing the vaccines of the future, we're looking for real experts in their respective fields who are interested in working in the stimulating environment of an international healthcare company.
We emphasise the value of teamwork and we look for people ready to share our values of transparency, respect, integrity and patient focus.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another and know their work makes an important contribution.
We provide a supportive working environment and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best.
If you have a disability and require assistance during the course of the selection process, you will have the opportunity to let us know what specific assistance you require in order to make suitable arrangements.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top